PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I have a Xikar Resource lighter that has already been replaced once. It's acting up again and I'm about to send it in. Has anyone had better luck with the Pipeline model or any other model from Xikar ? I may ask them to send me a different model.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I have a Xikar Resource that I've had for about a year, and been fortunate that I've had no problems so far. I don't think I'd want to go to s flint lighter, so here are two other suggestions, both lighters with built-in tools that have performed well for me:
1. The Lacardo Jetline ($17.99 at pipesandcigars.com).
2. A lighter I bought from Mr. Brog, (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DELJY54/ref=nosim?_encoding=UTF8&camp=212353&colid=3PUGTRF1Y836M&creative=380561&linkCode=sb1&tag=mrbrog00-20) but which I've also seen at lower prices on Ebay. I never expected this one to work so well, but so far, it's been a champion!
Good luck!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I have the pipeline and with any type of wind it's just a pretty paperweight. I use it for pipe club and if I'm smoking indoors anywhere otherwise I just use the old bic.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have a pipeline and I enjoy it very much. The only thing that I might count against it is the flint tube is mounted on an arm the can loosen and make it feel flimsy. But I got my replaced no hassle, althoughI think there may be a way to do this yourself.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I went through 3 Pipelines before switching to the Resource. The flint tube on the Pipeline came apart on all of them, they are not sturdy at all. I carried in my pocket with nothing else. The Resource is nice but the one tool I need the most, the pick, cannot be easily pulled out. Could just be the one I have.
While there service is top notch, one should not have to constantly have their lighter replaced.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I have the pipeline and with any type of wind it's just a pretty paperweight
The slightest breeze renders the Resource useless too. And yeah, the pick and reamer often don't want to come out and play. If a robot can survive on the surface of Mars for years why can't anyone make something as simple and reliable as a lighter :evil:

msutton

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Memphis, TN
I've had a Resource since January. Xikar has replaced it three times in eight months. First, it stopped lighting. Second, it fell apart. Third, it would leak all of the butane in about 8 hours. Each time, they sent me a new one.
On a positive note, their customer service is awesome. I just wish their product was. I love the Resource when it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.