PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
You'll be hard pressed to find the original Vauen Lord Of The Rings pipes for less than $400. I've been wanting one for quite some time myself. However, if interested, there are the Vauen Aunland (The Shire) pipes, for much less. These have the same look and style.

Mar 1, 2014
I started with roughly the same idea a few years a ago, but you can get lots of good Churchwardens for a lot less money.

Not quite as long and not the same aesthetic, but there's plenty of good pipes to go around.
Savinelli Churchwardens have thick acrylic stems and a more open draw, and the button is thicker.
Vauen has the most variety, good Vulcanite stems, but the draw is more restricted and the button is tiny.
Nording uses the same style of stems as Vauen but they're generally a little more basic in engineering.
Big Ben makes a great Churchwarden but prices across the pond (in the U.K./EU) seem much more reasonable than in NA (that also applies to the limited edition Vauen pipes).

Mar 1, 2014
I should note that sometimes I prefer the tiny button on the Vauen pipes, they definitely don't clench well but I generally prefer to never clench anything.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The top three are my Auenlands. Great smokers, and can be had for under $200 on eBay.
img_20160103_085359-600x450.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
There's still three models I don't have, and hope to eventually rectify that. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.