PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I took Roth's advice earlier and cube cut some FVF. I have to admit, it made a huge difference in my enjoyment of this tobacco and may be my new method for thick, pressed flakes.
My current bowl was to be Escudo: two coins, rubbed out. But I had a few bits of the cube cut FVF left over in my little glass preparation bowl, so I threw them in with the rubbed out Escudo, stuffed a medium/largish apple bowl, and fired it up. Wow. This is an amazing combo. Both blends are enhanced, to my taste at least, by the marriage. I'm going to have to experiment with this more.
Anyone else ever try this? Or other off-handed mixes that turned out to be heavenly?

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have done it before. I sometimes save a little bulk FVF for mixing into other Virginias.
I normally rub out Escudo and cube cut FVF, so I don't normally combine them, but I have experienced the combination with the aforementioned loose/shag leftovers and it is a good one.
I had some perique heavy LBF "shake" left over from bulk and that made for excellent mixing with FVF. It functions as a poor man's blending perique...
I am a "purist" for the most part so I don't experiment too much with blending but it is not outside the realm of possibility that I'd combine similar blends to use up any leftovers, or to add something somewhat neutral such as a quality burley to a VA if I needed a change of pace.
PS - Cube cutting is the idiot proof way to enjoy pain in the ass flakes, particularly the Sam Gawith ones.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I haven't tried that particular combination, but I have added FVF and/or BBF to other Vaper blends. It's really hard to go wrong mixing two or three high-quality VA's / Vapers together. So far, I've had nothing but good results -- makes good flakes taste much more complex.
Glad it worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.