PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Trying to meet up with other pipe hobbyists. If you are a pipe hobbyist or have had an interest but weren't sure about it, let's get together. Has to be a nice day, because we don't partake inside the house here, but maybe we could meet at the park or sit around a campfire, or... if you don't mind smoke in your house, could be at your place if you cared to host.
I have aromatics and English blends, and have a number of ribbon cuts to experiment either with individual components or blends: perique, red virginias, latakia, several burleys.
It's a rewarding hobby -- but it sure would be nice to have local comrades in briar (or cob, or meerschaum).
There are also tobacco lounges in Sioux Falls that might not mind us there (but they are usually for cigar folks).
I have plenty of pipes and can share if you're just starting and want to try some out.
Hoping to find like-minded older men, like myself, but I sure don't have a problem with age. I know it's a burgeoning trend among young men and, after all, I started when I was only 10. No ageism going on here, for sure.
I am a writer, by profession. But I've worked about everywhere: railroad trackman, CNC metal shop, sales, agriculture... Sociable fellow with a seat in a wide variety of cultural circles.
Also speak Spanish somewhat (my wife is an interpreter), some German, and am learning French. I'm into fine woodworking (worked in a custom wood shop for 14 years), do home remodeling a bit. And am into shooting and reloading. Plenty we can talk about, whoever you are and whatever your background. The pipe unites all types.
I like fishing, and live just half a block from Lake Okabena. Maybe we could sit at the shoreline amusing Walleyes with suspended minnows while we sampled the wide variety of blends available in this golden age of the pipe.
Is it music? Let's enjoy favorites from our collections and sit back, sipping our briars or cobs.
I live in Worthington, MN. We could do this tonight (Sat. 21st), but I'm in Canada on assignment all next week. Be a while before the next opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.