PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Six of us gathered at the Wooden Match last night. It ran a bit late but we were having a really good time and the hours flew by.

New to the group is Dan, aka woodsroad.

Dan Chlebove of Gabrieli Pipes talked about the art of pipe making.

Dan brought some of his pipes to show us and they are spectacular. He's a very talented pipe maker.

Dan aldo brought some unopened tins from the early-mid 1990's. Two from the Pipe Collectors Club Of America series and a McCleland Holiday Blend from the 90's. Very good stuff.

Fred, aka alphaflux, could not resist and bought one of Dan's Gabrielli pipes as an early Christmas present for himself. It's a beauty. Happy Smoke Rings, Fred.

Two of the boys having a moment.

A great time, as usual. We're looking to wrap up the year on December 23 at the Wooeden Match so if anyone wants to join us, please do.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
Right on.. That is cool.. I would love to attend a gathering like that.. Thanks for sharing..

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I notice the ketchup bottle is displayed prominently near the McClelland tins... :wink:

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
ghost observed:

"I notice the ketchup bottle is displayed

prominently near the McClelland tins".
That's for the convenience of those like myself who've never tasted ketchup in a McClelland blend and would like to see what they've been missing ...

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That looks like a great time. I didn't realize Dan Chlebove was local. Bethlehem is about 90 min from here but one of these nights I may need to make the trek up.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
woodsroad (Dan)said:

"The ketchup did well in my Peterson Kapet.

You can tell by the look on my face."
I thought as much ... one other thought crossed my mind, Dan ... you must be using a rather old picture of yourself as an avatar ... I'd not have recognized you (LOL) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.