Won An Old Brigham... Shank Says France, Stem Says Italy, Bowl Says Crack!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
A few weeks ago I won this Canadian made Brigham Sportsman on ebay. It looked to have some issues, like the wrong stem, hole in the bit, and some dings on the bowl. But I figured for $5 it would be fun to play with and restore. I only live a couple of states away from the seller, but it took 11 days to get to me. This is the pipe I won, the picture is from the auction.

_573-600x273.jpg

Yeah, not a great pipe by any means, but here's what the seller sent me!

img_00024-600x400.jpg

img_00045-600x449.jpg

img_00055-600x408.jpg

img_00073-600x449.jpg

Pretty sweet huh? What a great deal!

I contacted the seller to let him know that he sent the wrong pipe, and asked him to send the Brigham, and pay for shipping if he wanted the other one back. No response after one day. So I took pics of the pipe he sent and sent them to him, and with another request to get in contact with me about this. Again after two more days, no response. So I contacted ebay about it, and they said they would try to contact him, and if I hadn't heard from them or him in the next 4 days they would pursue it further. Nothing, nada, so they went ahead and refunded my money, and I get to keep the wonder pipe. Can't find anything about the pipe, but It doesn't appear worth pursuing anyway. Now why couldn't it have been a Sea Rock Briar by Castello!
Sometimes you run into crazy people on ebay, and yes there could be a genuine reason for his actions, but I have no idea what it could be. I'll let you know if I decide to try to restore this old Rock Briar wonder, and post some pics.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Orley, he probably sent your pipe to someone else and can't figure how to get it back. At least you can say you have a truly International pipe. It sure looks like a candidate for Dave's Magic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.