PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
But with the big day just about a week away, I just couldn't resist!
i

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That and the Jameson looks virtually untouched yet there are wine bottles strewn about. Not a realistic depiction at all. LOL!
-Jason

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Since I"m not Irish I say if you have to apologize in advance it shouldn't"t be said. Shel

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"That and the Jameson looks virtually untouched yet there are wine bottles strewn about. Not a realistic depiction at all. LOL!"
These college girls are practicing Yoga and maybe a little meditation! Not sure what you are talking about? LOL!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
We children of the diaspora can enjoy a good joke, even one that targets us. We grow up with an acute awareness that we are the viewed by many as the "lazy Irish," the "drunk Irish," the "pugnacious Irish," the "superstitious Irish," etc. We also enjoy the fact that everyone wants to Irish on the venerated Saint's day.
So, take your humor where you find it, there is much too little of it in this world today.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Always like a wee spot of Irish coffee on St. Patty's day, and a smoke with one of my Petersons. I believe I'll take my yoga on the side.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
My wife always admonishes me that drinking green beer on St. Paddy's day won't take the place of eating good green vegetables. Aren't jalapeños vegetables?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
They are a pepper, johnnyreb, which is technically a fruit. See link below. So make sure you get your 5 servings a day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalape%C3%B1o
-Jason

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Jason,
Everytime she brings up green veggies I always tell her that beer doesn't have many vitamins; that's why I have to drink lots of it! Perfectly logical.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"As someone of Irish decent I found this funny as hell. :)
When growing up I always heard Irish girls were easy...in fact I always thought "Dublin" meant having sex with twin sisters!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
An Englishman & an Irishman were driving head-on at night on a winding, curvy road. Both were driving much to fast and hit head-on in the middle of the road. Their cars were totally destroyed but to their amazement, neither driver was hurt! In celebration of their good luck each agreed to forever put aside their dislike for the other: the Englishman for the Irish & the Irishman for the English.
To consummate their good fortune & the agreement the Englishman walked to the trunk of his car and retrieved a bottle of 20 yr old whiskey. He hands the bottle to the Irishman and says, "May the English & the Irish live together in peace & harmony, forever!"
Still trembling over the wreck the Irishman quickly chugs down half the bottle then offers it back to the Englishman who replies, "No thanks...I'll just wait for the police to arrive.

QDRiRU0.jpg

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I’m Irish and by that I don’t mean that my greatgreatgreatgreatgrandfather dried the cow dung off his boots on Staten Island a few hundred years ago. I do mean that I was born in Ireland. If fact I was born in the Coombe in Dublin, much akin to a cockney being born within the sound of Bowe Bells.

I’m Irish and I don’t find this thread particularly funny. Crass, puerile and trite are words that come to mind. Not that I’m offended you understand, even if a moderator rows in with a smart comment.

No I’m not offended I just feel it’s all rather shabby and a little disappointing.

Not so long ago there was quite a furore over “engerish”, but it appears that “Oirish” is acceptable.
OP, I wonder that you have Irish friends, here’s something you may enjoy.
http://www.herald.co.zw/alcoholic-dumps-zim-out-of-wc/

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
oldreddog,
My apologies to you Sir. It was a poor attempt on my part at a little humor at no particular individual.
Moderators, please close this thread.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Kindly accepted Sir, I applaud your good grace.
If we where having a few beers together I'd happily sit there as we slagged each other off and had good few laughs at each others expense. :)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
oldreddog, I'd also like to apologize. Yes, this was puerile humor at those of Irish-descent that I waded into knowing that it could be construed as offensive. I probably should've taken the high road and just not commented, but the wine bottles made it so hard and I faltered. Again, I apologize. This said, I'd happily share a bowl and drink a dram with you and johnnyreb any day.
-Jason
P.S.- oldreddog, I have no idea what the hell they are talking about in that link of yours. I think it's cricket, which for Americans is similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEH4ahCCrJo

Status
Not open for further replies.