PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
As I try new blends I've come across a few that I wish were available in bulk. Most of this wishful thinking happens when I find one that I wouldn't mind being an all day smoke. It's a little funny though because I don't smoke all day, but if I did...

Currently I'm wishing FMC was available in bulk pricing.

What blends would you like to see in bulk?

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I think the 8oz / 250g container is a happy medium for me between value, price outlay, and amount. I really like getting that much Full Virginia Flake, or Stonehaven, or Chelsea Morning, or another regular at a time. Other than Full Virginia Flake, I'm not sure there's a blend where I've thought, 'I wish this were available in a size bigger than 8 oz.'
I do hate that some blends only come in 50g containers, though. McClelland is a culprit for this.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Can't say that not being able to buy in bulk is of any concern to me. Considering all the blends I have and that I only smoke a bowl or two a day (sometimes three in the summer) it's just simply not an issue to me and purchasing 50g tins, etc., works out just fine for me. As a matter of fact I've never purchased a pound of any tobacco in my life other than having purchased a large quantity (for me) of WBCDF of which I'll more likely than not try to sell some off as I just don't need that much. But... that's just me and I'm probably quite alone in not being concerned about being unable to purchase any particular blend in bulk.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Oh the wishful thinking we could all do. Bulk is great for building a cellar quickly and economically, but the choices are limited despite the large variety available. Some great bulk blends I have cellared up on in the last year are MM965, EMP, PS LNF & LBF and Mississippi River. The best we can do otherwise is supplement with the 8 oz cans when available. Other than that just get used to stacking tins. I know I have.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It would be exciting if GL Pease offered some of his favorites in bulk with commensurate discounts, but

I don't think that's in his business plan. Like phil67, I don't smoke enough quantity to fret if a blend is

in bulk or tins. I do tend to order an extra blend or two in bulk because of the savings. I do have MM965

in both bulk and tin -- what's going on there?

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
McClellands Matured Virginia No. 24, Dunhill Durbar, Capstan Blue.
Really what I would like to see more of are plugs of certain Virginia flakes that I could slice to my desired specs like FVF or Astley No. 44.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
At this point my cellar is pretty much done. That is until I try something else! Ha-Ha-Ha! I figure there will always be a market for aged Virginias :O) Too many choices so little time. But you can still build around good bulk that does exist, and satisfy your sweet-tooth with the rest. Some vendors just can't get past greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.