PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nehemias88

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
Good morning.Winter is here already! I wondered if anyone has a favorite blend for the winter time, maybe not only for winter, but a special blend for that christmas feel. Thanks everyone.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I remember Christmas 1981, the year when I first started smoking a pipe, my Dad bought me some Cherry Berry from Fader's http://www.faderstobac.com and I went bonkers over it. I always consider picking up some around the holidays for old times sake. But now at 49 my baccy tastes have certainly matured and I'm not sure if I would appreciate it anymore. I like aromatics in the Winter, mostly because I'm smoking in the house more, and my wife may have a fit if I turn the living room into a den of Latakia. Lane BCA and 1Q , with the occasional Altadis Irish Creme (mixed with Prince Albert, try that!) and Rum And Maple are good enough for me. I've heard a few guys here talk about a blend called Christmas Cookie, not sure who makes it, but that one has sparked some curiosity, and I may have to seek it out.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Autumn Evening is my cold weather go to on occassion. I've tried the Peterson Holiday blend 2011 and di not care for it as it is too sweet for me. I even added 2 oz of latakia to it but can't tame that beast. The McClelland Christmas blend was a better actor for me ut I'm sure I'll stick to my English blends.

nehemias88

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
I know it's not winter, but it basically is in NY state with temperatures already around the 0 centigrade. I believe Christmas cookie is by a company named Boswel or similar to the name. I also heard many good things about it, but i tend to stay out of aromatics and more into virginias. Latakia sounds like a good choice to stay comfortable. I think I'll try that. I appreciate the feedback guys. Does any one have any more suggestions?

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Christmas Cookie is a Boswell's blend. I, too, am smokimg more aromatics with the cold weather if I want to stay inside smoking.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Well...I'm not a fan of their products but many people are. If you are going to get a tin of macbarens get old dark fired its by far there beat one and the only blend I recommend from them

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I havent found a Mac Baren blend i havent liked yet. I havent smoked a ton of there stuff but all have been pretty decent and wasnt upset i spent the money on it.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I agree that the cooler weather is a perfect time for more latakia-forward blends.
However, I'm in the minority when it comes to "Christmas blends". Tutti fruity, candy, cookie and pudding (?!) flavored tobaccos are just not for me.

nehemias88

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
Thank you so much guys. I will definitely pick an ounce or two of each. thanks a lot. Enjoy the upcoming thanksgiving! :)

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I tend to go to more black cavendish like BCA as the weather gets colder. I also find that I like RLP6 in the cold. Both are Lanes blends. I'm just not a big latakia fan.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Yeah I usually shift from summer time Virginia mode to cool weather time latakia mode. Find myself smoking more and more English blends as the temperature drops.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I find myself switching between the harsher lat bomb blends and smoother cavendish blends, just depending where I am. Lat bombs for outside to warm me up. and cavendish blends for that smooth hot cocoa feel when I'm sitting in my nice warm house

Status
Not open for further replies.