Will aromatic smell "stand out" when blending with other leafs?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitrsnglocks

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2015
If I blend say some 1q with a VaPer will the 1q room note stand out and make it more tolerable to bystanders? Also I like to smoke carter hall but my girlfriend hates the smell. Of course she likes 1q. She won't be home for 2 more weeks so I havnt got to try it on her yet. So basically my question is if I mix an aro with "x" tobacco will the aro be the dominant room note? Still learning here so sorry if these questions seem kinda ridiculous lol

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
In my experience it depends on the proportion in which you mix them. You should still get an aro note to some extent which can help, but a lot of non-aros are so much stronger that sometimes it takes so much aro to curb the smell that it is no longer worth it. I would play around with it though, that is part of the fun in the realm of pipes. The other call out is that the final output is not always the sum of its parts. I.e. I like this blend's flavor, and this one's smell, but mixed together I could as much lose both of those attributes as have them combine to be a super blend. Can't know until you try though. Sounds like you have some time to play around with it.
That was more in response to your general question. Scenario specific, I think since using 1Q and something lighter like a VaPer you should have a pretty good potential outcome.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Some of the VaPer and Virginias I smoke tend to leave a room note that my wife complains, "stinks like cigarettes". With that I'm guessing you'll be fighting an uphill battle. Cavendish and burley which I believe are part of the 1-Q mix should tame the room note but as previously stated it's going to become a matter of proportion and it may end up more Aro than anything else. Maybe it'd be easier to just smoke what the lady likes when she's present and smoke what you like when others are not. I can't smoke in the house save for an occasional basement smoke and anything with Latakia in it will immediately draw a harsh and vocal protest. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.