PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Years ago, I tried out a few ounces of this famous mixture (this was back when Wilkes was still on West 55th Street/NYC), and I thought it was a bit too strong for my tastes. Too much Latakia/burnt leather aroma.
I would like some recommendations on what available tobacco blends I can use to create a less strong "hybrid" mixture. For example, could I/should I mix High Hat with some Lane's "HGL" to smooth it out?
I would hate to adulterate/dilute these finely blended tobaccos, but would like to smoke a milder version, without destroying the whole concept behind this revered mix.
If you found that "High Hat" was just too strong, what would you mix into it to mellow it out? Proportions would be helpful.
English/Aromatic mixtures are OK with me, btw. I need some ideas. For example: could I mix "High Hat" with Lane's "BL/WB" without affecting the original blend too much?
Many thanks,

Frank

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Months ago I came across a blend, while browsing around on other pipe forums, that uses Wilke's "High Hat". Can't find the original source for accreditation, sorry.
2 parts Wilke-"High Hat" Full-English unique, old-fashioned recipe from late-1800s

1 part Wilke-"Mixture-#192" (unique, fermented Burley-Cavendish)
Mix and blend both for a unique, full-flavored blend, exotic aromas.
Never tried it. Good luck.
Frank

NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.