PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Normally if friends or family say "I got you some pipe stuff", you know you're in for a treat, such as a Chinese particle board pipe and some Walgreens tobacco. Surprisingly , the lil lady did pretty well. For my birthday she bought me an old unsmoked WDC Wellington rusticated Churchwarden, a tin of Dunhill, and a tin of Orlik.

Pretty good considering she calls rustic and blasted pipes "the rough kind", and pipe tobacco "the smell good kind or the stinky kind."

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds great, pipe and tobaccos. Some of my favorite pipes are my Christmas pipes from my wife.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Pretty great gift. My wife also likes the "smelly good stuff" more than the harsh stuff. Happy b day by the way.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is it okay with her if you call her lil lady and wifey? My late wife hated kiddo, so it stricken that from the

record. A divorced woman I dated years ago as a widower reported with high disdain overhearing her ex

referring to her as "the wife" to some buddy. What some hear as endearments are insults to others. If it's

okay with her, it's undoubtedly cool.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
First off Happy Birthday. My fiancee knows the "good smelling", and "bad smelling' tobaccos ( I guess its a woman thing. and lastly nice score so fare my fiancee has not tried to do pipe related gifts for me.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
i know if I want to smoke and my wife is huffy, I have to go for Sutliff Taste of Summer or 3 Cherry.. or something like that.

You have a good woman there I think I would never get a pipe related gift...unless it involved an air filtration system... or an outside heater, next to which I could huddle on frigid winter evenings whilst I partake of my pipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.