PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I have found my Holy Grail tobacco. It took me 11 years and literally 100s of blends. But I found it! So, I am not going to reveal what it is. Instead, I propose a fun feedback thread. Here are the rules. You have to meet the eligibility requirements before requesting to be a participant. When you receive the sample and try it, you must come back to this thread and answer the questions below, preferrably in a detailed manner.
Eligibility:

- You must have smoked a pipe for at least 2 years or more (this targets individuals with more developed palates. . . if you are newer, then see my other Sharing Tobacco thread.)

- You must enjoy English/Balkan blends.

- You must live in the continental United States (also, I cannot ship into Washington state.).

- You must agree to responding to the below questions once you have tried the sample.
Questions to Answer:

1. What were your impressions of the first 1/3rd of the bowl?

2. Second 1/3rd of the bowl?

3. Final 1/3rd of the bowl?

4. What tobacco types do you think this blend consists of?

5. What tobacco blend that is currently available does this tobacco taste the most similar to (in your experience with the tobaccos you have smoked personally)?

6. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst thing you've ever smoked and 10 being the absolute best mana from the gods, what would you rate it based on the small sample you tried?

7. If this was available for purchase, would you add it to your current tobacco rotation?

8. Any additional comments and thoughts would be very welcomed!
Ok, You've read the rules. Who wants to play? All you have to do is post your interest in participating in this thread. I will then PM you requesting your mailing address and will continue to add participants until the brand new tin I'm opening especially for this thread, is completely depleted. I'm currently not sure how many samples in total that will be, I'm guessing around 8-10, but we shall see.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
OK, sounds interesting. I've been smoking pipes for nearly 45 years and tend to favor English/Balkan blends. The questions seem fair so let the game begin.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I have a definite thing for English/Balkan blends and would be happy to have the opportunity to participate. One of my favorites is a Smoker Limited blend called Easy Chair. It's no longer made, but Russ was kind enough to mix me several pounds of it as he has the recipe book. A good English/Balkan is a little bit of heaven.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Sounds like a log of fun, but I have a lot of tobacco to review. Are you informing the testers what it is?

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I would be delighted to participate! I'm new to this forum but not to pipe smoking and am an avid balkan/english fancier.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
OK, I'll send out the PMs to the initial participants tonight and it'll let me gauge how many participants one tin allows. It looks like from the above I have 7 for sure participants so far.
cobguy

papipeguy

sablebrush52

freakiefrog

vorhees

bigpond

samcoffeeman
I will inform everyone of what this tobacco is at the end of all of this.
I will crack the tin tonight and divide it into sample bags and get a full count. This will also let it dry out a bit as it comes a bit moist for my liking directly outta the tin. Keep in mind these samples are sized around a group 3 or group 4 sized pipe. So if you smoke giants, you'll maybe get a half bowl or less depending on my findings tonight. Stay tuned for updates.
Anyone else wanting to participate please post and I'll add you to the list on first come first serve basis, I will continue down the list of participants until the tin is gone.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I am usually a mild blend but get the itch for English/Balkan with some frequency. I'll go for it as well! Do you have a particular bowl shape that you recommend smoking as is sometimes that want of keeping the playing field level?

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
OK, I have enough for 11 participants. I have one more open spot. PMs to the current 10 will be sent out shortly.

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
Well, if no one else is going to take this last slot, I guess I'll put my name in. Been smoking a pipe for 12 years, and enjoy my fair share of latakia mixtures.

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
I got in while you were composing that joke about family jewels :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.