Who Knew Weather Would Have Such An Impact?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've read it here many times that people's tastes change with the weather, I sort of dismissed this as another "old wives tale". Boy was I wrong! As the temperatures have plummeted around here I've been swinging and missing with many of my "go to" blends just sort of tasting bland. So I went back to my jar of MacBaren's Plumcake and went for a brisk walk, what a flavour sensation! Next up was FMC in a cob on my back deck, wonderful smell and taste and I even finished the whole bowl from my Country Gentleman (a large bowl of which I've never been able to finish one that size of FMC). Then on to EMP again outside. Man I guess the campfire taste is something that needs lighter crisper air to truly enjoy as I'm not much of an English or Latakia fan. I think I'm hooked as I haven't smoked anything but Latakia this week so far. Any other recommendations for a lighter to medium bodied English blend?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Be careful, we'll have you drinking Lagavulin and drinking black coffee if this keeps up much longer!
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
LOL not too likely Pat, but never say never I suppose! Maybe my Scottish side won't be so ashamed of me anymore?

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I am slowly working my way through a tin of Presbyterian and enjoying it very much.

pres-i-600x448.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had my first taste of Presbyterian last night in Philly and enjoyed it.

Balkan Sasieni is also a great smoking mixture on the lighter end.

Status
Not open for further replies.