PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I was lucky and took the Friday off for a three day Easter weekend . Life is good !! Who else got the long weekend to enjoy .

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Good Friday is the actual statutory holiday and very few people are open on the Monday after Easter. I shut the office down from Friday till Tuesday, but still have a few jobs that are going all weekend. I will just be dropping in from time to time and manning the cell phone as usual, but I'm pretty much just friggin' around all weekend.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Like cortez, my weekends are 365 days long. In fact, holidays are a real pain for us retired folk because there are more people around than we're accustomed to.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i left school on Wednesday and go back on Monday thats my kinda weekend :)

letsgodowntherabbithole

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2011
I'm working the whole weekend and 7 days after it :(
Please be nice to your starbucks baristas this weekend. We have to sacrifice a lot this weekend. My family will be gathering with my seat empty on sunday...

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Well here in th Uk today and Monday are bank holidays so most have those off. We also have the royal wedding on the Friday next week which is also a national holiday and then another bank holiday (national holiday) on the following Monday. So I took the 3 days off in-between too.

That's a total of 11 days off for only 3 days holiday from work. Happy days :)

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I get every other Friday off. When a holiday lands on my Friday off I get thursday off as well. So I got a four day weekend. :puffpipe: My only concern right now is palmate fatigue. Still got one more day. :nana:

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I'm REALLY slow at work these days, so I pretty much have had last week off, this week off, and maybe even the next week off. Sounds good, until you realize that no work = no money. Fortunately, my trophy wife has a decent job and can support us until work picks up again or I find a new job. Meanwhile, no new pipes for me. When I find a new job, maybe I'll buy a celebratory pipe, but then again, maybe I'll get a celebratory bottle of scotch...

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Working for myself. Reading this thread helps me to realize I may be the toughest boss I've ever had. Taking Sunday off, but I was in the office even after church this morning. It may be time for some unpaid leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.