PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I can't identify this pipe. It was my friend's grandfather's and I was curious about it. I tried looking in the pipe logos, but nothing matched. Any help would be appreciated.
IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

The last picture (if readable) is a stamp that just reads ISRAEL.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
@ bootleg, I checked there but nothing jumped out with Israel. Thanks for looking though.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I think I found my answer. I saw that the Alpha Citation Israel 915 is from the Shalom Pipe Company. The stars look the same and Israel and Shalom sure do go together. LOL. Looks like I found what I was looking for mostly. Now just to try and ID the pipe.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I just discovered I have an old Shalom Deluxe, one of several different kinds I haven't smoked for years since their stems were broken.

I also discovered that the stem of one of my cobs fits it nicely, and since it was still clean and in good condition, I filled it with some EMP. Smokes nicely, but nothing to brag about. The pipe itself is a billiard, very lightweight and seemingly well made for its class. No Dunhill, to be sure, but very smokeable.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The Shalom company was bought out by Mastercraft. They made several different lines of pipes including the Alpha and Masterson.

Some history of Shalom and Mastercraft here if you're interested--

http://drgrabows.myfreeforum.org/ftopic155-0-asc-0.php

Status
Not open for further replies.