PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I've tried a few of the OTC blends lately and I like a couple of them, and I was wondering if you had a choice between Sir Walter Raleigh, Prince Albert or Half and Half which one would you choose?????? :puffy:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've only tried PA and it was, well, and old codger burley. Not my cup of tea, because it tastes too much like cigarettes to my mind. I've heard that Half and Half isn't as bad, but I'm not buying a tub to find out it's not to my liking. Let us know what you decide on and how it is!
-Jason
P.S.- I moved this to the Pipe Tobacco Discussion sub-forum

Jul 15, 2011
Half and Half is good stuff, in my opinion. Never tried Prince Albert, so I cant really speak much for it, and the old Walter Raleigh is one of the first blends that I learned to smoke a pipe with. My vote goes for the Half and Half

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
To be quite honest... I enjoy all 3 OTC's that you listed. PA being my favorite for me out of the 3 listed. H/H smokes and tastes just as good as PA, But PA appeals to me more. SWR also is good to me and can smoke it all day long and be happy, But PA would still be my first choice for myself. :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've never had PA in over 40 years of pipe smoking; hard to believe. Based on that I'd say Half & Half of which I've had many bowls. After all it is "A cargo of contentment."

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I would go for Walnut or Carter Hall. Oh wait, I've only had PA among your choices. It wasn't too bad..., but I'd rather have Carter Hall or Walnut! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.