PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

viera92

Lurker
Sep 26, 2013
Mexico
Hello there, nice to meet you all, Im Abraham, from mexico, im 20 years old, and i bought a Dr. grabow pipe from pipesandcigars.com the last year, and bought some Lane limited 1Q, i dont really smoke a lot, i use it once every 2 weeks, maybe i will start using it more often, i don't smoke cigarretes, but i have tried cigars and i like them, but i have only tried the lane limited 1Q for a while now, but every time i use it i get really bad toungue bite, i think thats how its called, i have tried different packing methods, tight and looser, and i smoke really slow, but still got the bite (sorry if bad english), i have read a lot, and read that virginia tobaccos used to bite, and more if the tobacco is aromatic, but for me the room note is very important, so, which tobacco can i try, aromatic and non aromatic, to have less bite, but with "tolerable" or even pleasant room note? i know that if the tobacco isn't aromatic then the room note will not be as pleasant, but i think i will sacrifice a little room note for less bite.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if my english is a little bit weird.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
viera92, welcome to Forums. Other bulk tobacco you might like is Lanes LL-7; Altadis/Sutliff "Queen Anne's Revenge" and

"Dark Obsession," despite their names both easygoing aromatics. You'd probably like Carter Hall. Just a few suggestions.

You'll get lots of recommendations on Forums, all the time.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Welcome to the forums. I agree with Peter that maybe your technique needs a little more work. There are plenty of articles on the internet that should help.
As for other blends I'd suggest you take a look at Lane's RLP. Also if you want tinned tobacco you can take a look at stuff like Dan Tobacco's Blue Note.
Also take a look at Cornell & Diehl's aromatic sampler.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=27406

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Welcome Abraham !
You might give these a try:

Lane Black Raspberry

C&D Autumn Evening

McClelland Topper

Trout Stream (P&C or 4noggins).
I've also heard that CAO's Moontrance is good, but I've yet to try it.

Good Luck!

viera92

Lurker
Sep 26, 2013
Mexico
Thank you very much for the advice, i will take a look at the reviews of the tobaccos you said to me before i buy something, im a student, and i dont work, so its hard for me to get money hahaha, and my city dont have any tobacco shops, so i need to order them online, i will buy 2oz of 3 different tobaccos, because its the limit that i can get through the international bridge Usa-Mexico, so i will buy 3 different tobaccos, i plan to buy at least one "non-aromatic" blend, to try those too, maybe my toungue is weak for aromatics so i need to try non aromatic too.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I would have to recommend Three Blind Moose by 4noggins. No question, one of the best aromatics out there.
Well, I might be a bit biased, but the reviews do confirm it.
Rich

4noggins.com

viera92

Lurker
Sep 26, 2013
Mexico
Ok so, reading feedbacks i think i will try:

Lane - RLP

Lane - BCA
But still cant decide of the third one, i want to try a non aromatic this time, so, any suggestions for my first non aromatic?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
viera, since you're a student, you might want to order bulk tobaccos that cost somewhat less, in

smaller quantities, until you know what you like.

badgercat

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2011
Hi Abraham, you are dealing with the same things almost every newer pipe smoker deals with. Be patient and things will work out. I like all sorts of tobacco but I think Carter Hall might be one you want to try. It is not expensive and tends to be very forgiving. Good luck my friend

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Viera, for your non-aromatic, I would recommend a "crossover": a true tobacco but with a light, flavored topping. Here are a few suggestions, check out the reviews on-line:
Peterson's University Flake

Erinmore Flake

GL Pease Haddo's Delight

GL Pease Barbary Coast

Two Friends English Chocolate

Pipeworks & Wilke No. 5

viera92

Lurker
Sep 26, 2013
Mexico
I can't the Frog morton that 05venturer recommender, neither the 6 tobaccos that Perique recommended in pipesandcigars.com in a bulk presentation, and i only want to buy bulk because is cheaper :( so, any other "non aromatic" that i can buy from that site? thank you very much for the help anyways, you people are so nice ^^

viera92

Lurker
Sep 26, 2013
Mexico
Well, maybe i can order from 4Noggins, instead of pipesandcigars, i will take a look at that site too, thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.