PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I was having this discussion with jiminks a few days ago and we agreed that it would be an interesting topic to discuss. Jim wisely chose not to post on this. I, on the other hand, have so such wisdom and less shame, so here I go!
My choice is a combination of Holly's Non Plus Ultra and Mixture 79.
So what smokes settle any gender identity issues for you, put hair on your chest, or otherwise leave you walking tall with the toilet seat up?

Jan 8, 2013
:rofl: I was laughing before I even finished reading the title! :rofl:
Definitely the Gawith & Hogarth ropes. Smoking them makes me feel like a big burly mountain man.... I just finished chopping down a giant sequoia with just my hatchet, which I used earlier to shave and clean up my beard line, which I also used to fight off the Grizzly bear that attacked me at my campsite. Smoking them makes me sit right back down again after I stand up too quickly after day dreaming all of the above.... :rofl:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Five Brothers and Twists I would consider all day smokes. Never get a nic hit from a pipe. Really can't think of gender in pipe smoking.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Sillem’s Commodore Flake is top in my book.
I will also say cherry blends. Seriously, that’s what my all the men in my family smoked.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
None of them. Oh, wait, maybe it's all of them! I suppose when you have to work to get a bowlful it's more manly. Such as chopping (see AR's post again, worth it!), pulling apart, drying, more chopping, loading. Then using a 19th C lighter, such as:
SqzVELX.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Those first few moments of a strong perique, especially on the retrohale.
Picayune comes to mind. It eventually settles down, but the initial hit can make my eyes water.
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've only smoked a couple that have even caused hiccups. Those same blends did not taste good to me either. I'm quite secure with my manhood and try to only smoke blends I enjoy. If for some reason I feel the need to test my manhood, I'll go pick a fight with my wife. That's way more painful than an overdose of nicotine.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’m gonna have to go with Rattray’s Exotic Orange.

It reminds me of having a lady tell me she likes my pink shirt, and I just have to say, “It’s not pink, it’s watermelon”.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Granger, Semois medium or thick cut, or D&R Two Timer, for being good basic tobacco without too much effort to amaze the gods.

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
Ropes, bah! GH&Co’s Dark plug’ll put hair on your chest. Engine #99 and Billy Budd are pretty manly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.