PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
That bought this pipe: Cavicchi Rusticated

I had my sights set on this pipe. I was waiting on my next batch of overtime to payout to pick it up. Whomever got it, you are a lucky bastard.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Well, I can't speak as to who purchased that billiard but that brandy is en route to me and I don't think I could be more excited. I hope your dream pipes show up for you guys in the next batch!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Both are great looking pipes.
Kasbah, I would be willing to bet that thing is going to be an awesome smoker. Big thick walls, a nice open airway, it will seem as if the pipe is smoking itself. Congrats on a great pick up.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Indeed, Harris, I saw it and new I had to get it. Doesn't hurt that it's the first rusticated pipe I've taken a liking to. Based on the dimensions and thick walls I bought it to be my flake pipe and I think it will excel as such :)

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
@kasbah, and of course there will be a full report when that pipes gets in? I agree by the way, I had thought rustication wasn't for me and then I saw a Cavicchi and realized it was just Peterson's rustication I don't enjoy.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah. I thought I'd never like a sandblast finish, until I got a Dunhill shell and cleaned it up. They never look as good in the pictures. Up close a good blast looks very cool.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Orion, sure thing. Ill post a thread of my TAD madness and impressions after smoking the Cavicchi. Also, I'm very much in agreement about Peterson's rustication. I find it to be boring and uninspired.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
kasbah, you are one lucky son of a gun. I'm a rusticated guy, much prefer them to smoothies, and that's one of the most beautiful pipes I've ever seen.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I know the OP is referring to a listing on smokingpipes.com, but whenever I lose a bid on eBay I always want to ask the same question as the thread title.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I hate when that happens . I was trying to get a Savinelli gator on craigslist for $50.00 , the fellow even told me to come get it the next morning . During the drive to meet him ,I called to let him know i was en route , he says ( I , just sold it . Sorry ). I told him he should have held to his word . Then he adds , well I got $75 for it . Some lucky bastard got my pipe , :evil:

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Heh, I guess I'm on a roll with good pipe choices. I think that pipe is going to be great for my flakes and, even better, I stopped by a b&m store in downtown Cleveland, Cousin's Cigar, and they had an AMAZING selection of tins (just a shameless plug for anyone in the area). Seeing as I have already essentially septupled my tobacco stocks it was hard to limit myself to just a tin of Frog Morton (they had the whole lineup!) and a tin of 3P's. All in all an awesome day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.