Where Does The Mauro Series II Fit Into the Mauro Armellini Pipe Line?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I came across a Mauro Series II pipe that I got for $10 plus shipping. I've had a few Mauro Armellini pipes in the past, but never hung on to them. They seem to be nicely made pipes, but for some reason I can't seem to find one that I like the shape or feel of. This pipe seems to be a departure design wise for them as it's just a straight Dublin shape, and it looks to have some age on it but not heavily smoked. I thought it had possibilities, and after cleaning it up and smoking it, I'm really liking it. Has average size and weight (33g), very nice flame grain all around the bowl, with some crazing in the lucite stem. It has an odd attachment for the stem too. Threaded tenon comes out of the shank that the stem screws onto. With a bit of effort, the stem can be rotated 360 degrees if it becomes unclocked. This appears to be from the factory, as it looks a little complicated to be the way to replace a broken tenon.
I can find quite a bit about Mauro Armellini pipes, and the sub-brands like Verona, and Napoli, but little is to be found about this series. Someone else got one of these and any info?
img_1148-600x334.jpg

img_1149-600x329.jpg

img_11514-600x356.jpg

img_1184-600x415.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
From what I've read this is a machine made pipe, may or may not have fills, considered an Everyman type of pipe, regards.

banjo

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I agree Orley, if it smokes well that was the intended purpose, I believe you may have a horn stem on that one.

banjo

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Very nice Lucite and I've seen that particular setup on a few other pipes where the stem unscrews from the shank.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.