PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Given that it is virtually open season on anyone who smokes, be it cigarettes, cigars, or pipes, I thought I'd ask where do you smoke, and where is your favorite place to smoke a pipe? I smoke my pipe in my office, which helps me in my writing work, and I love to smoke outside when it is raining. I love to meditate on the patter of rain.

Aug 1, 2012
Since SWMBO let me move inside, I have been smoking in the garage with the door up but I do love a good smoke in the mountains while hiking.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I used to smoke outside at work but seeing as its over a hundred degrees almost everyday that's not enjoyable. Recently I've been smoking on the way to and from work. It's a nice 30 to 45 min drive and it helps me relax especially in traffic. Once the weather is nicer Ill be out on my patio.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I dont smoke inside, due to our 7month old baby girl, but i dont think i would anyways. i much prefer to be outside regardless, so outside on our deck is my favorite place to smoke.

its a bonus if it is storming outside :)

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
To and from work every day, downstairs in the lower level with a smoke eater machine, which really hardly works.
The boss complains that I 'stink' but she is very tolerant.
Thank goodness

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A modest request: could responders refrain from using computer abbreviations? I am something of a stickler for English, and I don't understand most of these abbreviations. Hope that's not a problem, thanks.

Aug 1, 2012
As I'm not allowed to use computer terms, I won't bring up the term "search" which would have brought up a few threads addressing just this question. One was even from a month ago with many nice pictures. Oh well. :roll:

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I smoke in the garage of both my parents' house and the house I rent while I am away at law school. All the while dreaming of the fireplace and hardwood office where I will one day smoke Penzance out of Dunhills.

Dec 24, 2012
I don't smoke in the house but I do smoke in my mancave and office, which is in a detached barn. I would love to smoke in the backyard but it is under construction, as it was all of last summer as well. They should be finished in a month or so and I think I will have a few great places to smoke there.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I smoke in my house, on my front porch, on my back lanai, in my car, pretty much anywhere I please
i envy you sir. if that were the case at my house, i would never put my pipe down....

Aug 14, 2012
Right now, anyplace in my apt. When we move to Woodstock I have agreed to limit it to the front or back porch, the painting studio, which is a separate cabin, or the den on the second floor. Or, of course, the large back yard.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Anywhere I want really. Best smokes are always while driving though. The only place I can't smoke is my dad's home office, where I work. However, he's finally given me permission to work from home, so as soon as I get Internet up and running, Ill be smoking all day, everyday, in MY home office. It's kind of like a dream come true. :lol:

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
At home, the front porch or, less often, the back deck, and while out walking the dogs. During the work week, on my walk to and from the train station to the office. Occasionally, outside, in the commons space (park)outside of my office. But only if the weather is decent and I don't have back to back to back ... meetings.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
In my home office / man cave, on the back porch, and in my truck, mainly. I also smoke in my comfy chair in the living room, but only aromatics out of deference to my wife. She tries to be tolerant of my smoking and I try not to incite her to homicidal rage with my choice of tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.