PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
The answer: Peck's cellar.
It seems some blends occasionally go through cycles of popularity on here and this seems to have been the most recent rage: Brigade Campaign Dark Flake.
But how did it become the current IT tin?
Peck's tampering with the supply.
I mean, what would compel a man to purchase 180 tins of WBCDF? Simply, Peck is positioning himself as the Federal Tobacco Reserve. He now controls a large share of the WBCDF supply. The evidence is all there on TobbacoCellar.com ...
Peck is the Allen Greenspan of pipe tobacco. His vast quantities of Va and VaPer blends leave only himself to manipulate the demand of certain blends. He is probably in cahoots with Wessex Pipes to manipulate the market, shifting Wessex sales by hoarding it all therefore creating a perfect storm on PM.
"If it is sold out everywhere, it must be good."
Peck has it all though, like a tobacco troll with a Scrooge McDuck vault of tins that he keeps locked away for his own pleasure and the occasional swim.
There is no WBCDF, it is all back ordered. When it appears, Peck knows. He is waiting. Nobody may have it.
When it becomes rare and well aged ... The WCBDF will trickle back out into the market for everyone to fight over. The bidding war will be one like no pipe smoker has ever seen before. This will be far more coveted than original Three Nuns. It'll make Peck millions as you all claw for just a single tin of WBCDF.
Peck controls you all.

Reactions: logs

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@David ... you better keep quiet and watch out for Peck's straw men who approach you to buy what little you have.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Peck has it all though, like a tobacco troll with a Scrooge McDuck vault of tins that he keeps locked away for his own pleasure and the occasional swim.
-That's the gold right there. Thanks cmdr.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
If I remember another thread correctly Harris has somewhere near 240 (so he could smoke 2 tins per year for 20 years) and Peck had 180 something. I only have 20 but that should also last me 20 years. 5-10 anyway

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Interesting, @yazamitaz. I think we may have discovered a consortium. One with the goal of hoarding almost all of the BCDF.
He and Peck are coming for your tins. Mark my words.

Dec 24, 2012
Heh heh, guys, I have not bought much of this at all in the past 10 months or so. When I started buying this a year and a half ago it was easy to get. I was buying them from Rich at 4noggins, 20 tins at a time. I really don't know what has happened since then.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
P&C: Sold Out

SP: Sold Out

Cup O' Joes: Sold Out

4 Noggins: Sold Out

Iwan Ries: You guessed it, Sold Out.
This is no coincidence. If you want some BCDF there are apparently only two sources that have enough to go around ...

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
It did seem available for quite a while, but like all things with a limited supply it ran its course. Instead of two large buyers acquiring an uncoveted blend we now have, THANKS to Peck and Harris, a blend that is coveted by many. Quite simple really.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
FYI the Briar Patch in Sacramento has it available online. I live in CA so I'm looking at $22/tin but anyone out of state they're available for $16.

Status
Not open for further replies.