PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
So I bit the inside of my cheek a couple days ago and thought it best to take a couple days off from the pipes. It feels like it's starting to heal up but there's still a lump.
If this ever happens to you do you keep smoking? Do you take a break? If so how long do you usually wait? When I had my wisdom teeth pulled I think the dentist said 2 weeks but that was over 25 years ago and my memory isn't so great. lol
Inquiring minds want to know!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My folklore says that tobacco smoke constricts capillaries and slows healing, so I'd wait until the wound heals substantially, and then take it slow with the pipe. You don't want to get a process going with the lesion.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yup im always biting my cheek. It never stops me from smoking. It actually happened last night. I hit the pipe while in my mouth and it kinda rolled my lip under my teeth, and I bit down to not drop my pipe, and got my lip instead.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I'm prone to mouth ulcers (canker sores) on my inner cheeks. Whenever I slightly graze my mouth on something like potato chips, I'll get an ulcer at that spot. I continue to smoke anyway, but I use a medicated mouthwash straight after a bowl to help keep things clean. Continuing smoking doesn't seem to slow down the healing process, but that's not to say it would be the same for everybody.

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
Don't listen to those horrible junkies above and take some time:)
Gargling with 1 tablespoon of baking soda, sodium bicarbonate (not baking powder) in a glass of warm water, can speed mouth sore and canker sore healing...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I just take a little bit of flour tortilla -- they're made of glue anyway -- and stick it over the wound, then keep on smoking.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Thanks for the comments and tips everyone.
I'll give it another 3 or 4 days I think.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I started using corsidel mouth wash during chemo and have continued since, my gums have never been better. Use it once a day. Give it a try. Only draw back is some staining to teeth.

Goes if you stop using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.