Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
In all the cake building advice I loved the stuff and puff, and disliked the honey and similar methods discussed. But as I just joked on another thread I could bake a better cake in the kitchen then in my bowl. I smoke now three different tobaccos. Two aro's one I know bad for cake my chocolate, and just plain nut which smokes to a great ash. The last has been Latakia Role Cake. The latter two burn my tounge some so I don't smoke them all day.
I have been smoking to a good ash, putting my thumb on the bowl and shaking it around like my pipes tell me to, and I quit cleaning out the bowl when I clean as even I could tell I was cleaning my ity bity cake away.
Some cake is building but it is slow and low, like cooking meat. Should I be patient, do something else, give up cause I'm lost. :P
Anyway some of my bowls are smoking hot especially one of my favorite work pipes and I am thinking cake to help.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Any blend will form cake if you smoke enough of it. I can tell you that in my pipe I smoke about 200 bowls in 3 weeks and that makes cake about 1/8th inch thick. The pros recommend a cake half that thick so figure on 100 bowls before your cake is good to go.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
My cake is the thickness of about two slices of paper. I don't care for a thick cake at all. But I do swirl the ash around pretty well, then scrub the walls with a folded-over pipe cleaner, so the cake is pretty dense.
As far as what you could be doing differently: smoke slower. That's the answer for about 90% of pipe questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.