PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
When gracefully agying and storing tobacco and transporting into mason jars I'd like to create a nicer looking label other than a handwritten piece of paper and using tape. Does anyone create their own labels using printing programs which might look somewhat more professional? I have Paint Shop Pro but looking for others which would be free software. Ideas?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Absolutely you can buy Avery Labels and download their templates for MS Word if you use Word.
You just punch in the model number for the labels you are using and it will give you the correct template.
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I use Avery Shipping Labels 8163 on which I print a high-resolution scan of the original tin label. Then I add a handwritten note of the date I jarred a blend, and the original tin-date if available.
Software:

HP Scan (Mac)

Pages (Mac)
Hardware:

HP Officejet 4500

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
You could always take up calligraphy. The image below is the handwritten label of a blend that came from House of Calabash.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I just use word and print them out in olde english script lookin stuff.
But Avery is a nice simple approach. Just check what size you're using.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I also use Avery and throw in a pic of a pipe to the left of the name of the tobacco for $hits and giggles

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I use a standard P-touch Label Maker - if for some reason they were to get damp (I shutter to think) the labels wouldn't wash out. I print the maker, the blend, and the date.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Masking tape & a Sharpie, & we own a Print, & Sign shop. Thats for whats in the basement.

unfinished

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
Microsoft Office Professional have a program called Publisher. You can try a 30 day trial but they require a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.