PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
So seeing DaveG's Zulu he made magnificent gave me an idea. I have never given grabow's a glance, don't care about them, never have. In my mind it's always been a pipe I'd never buy or spend time on. I think it would be pretty cool to see just how nice these old clunker can look. If this is in the wrong place or if this already exist sorry.
Rules:

cost of the pipe $10 or less,

Must have Original stems with spade

Show before and after pics.

The more hideous you start with the better.

Dave can't use his Zulu
This is a good chance to play with some contrast staining or other restoration techniques.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Lol. I like this idear of a friendly competition.
That's funny, I've been playing by the rules stated above for all my Grabow's already.
@uperepik
Grabow's get a bad wrap nowadays. Try out an old 1960's era Ajustomatic. They're some of my favorite pipes to smoke. And some don't look too shabby either.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Just some oldies from the picture archives. I'll find a new junker and play fair and square. I love seeing old pipes get a second chance so I hope there's lots of pics from the rest of our resto DIY guys. If Piffyr gets in on this, it's game over. Anthony is the witchdoctor of restorations.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Does there need to be a time frame, what I don't want to do is stop the tread after a certain period

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
OK, I'm in. I just snagged a Duke bent off ebay for 9 bucks.
36384888683_c951b39911_z_d.jpg

Bid on some more, but who knows.
This should be fun.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Fun idea! Given the look of Dave's latest Zulu I'm looking forward to seeing some great pipes :puffy:

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Regal Adjustomatic, and a straight duke, waiting on a lady for the one im really wanting. I'll have to look up the shape numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.