PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I see a new banner ad on the forums - cigarsandpipes.com - I excitedly click on the banner hoping for a new megasite and unfortunately found a pretty pitiful selection of pipes and tobacco. You have to stock the lines we're interested in if you want our business folks! Nice site though.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's the website for a well established and venerable B&M known as Park Lane Tobacconists. Glad to see they're onboard with PipesMagazine.com; and I'm looking forward to doing business with them. I don't think the Bonacquistis want to project the "megasite" image.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
The OP mistyped. It's cigar and pipes which seems to be a shop near Niagara Falls.

Cortez is correct Park Lane (cigars and pipes)is a great shop. I am lucky to be within an hour of them as well as Cup o'Joes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the key to online retailing is to offer some items not available elsewhere. I haven't checked out this site yet, so I can't compare. But when I am making a purchase, I often bounce around between our sponsor sites to see how the offerings differ. 4noggins, CupOJoes, and Iwan Ries, just for example, often have selections that are somewhat different from each other and SPC and PC, for comparison of inventory and prices. It's kind of a sport to see what suits me best, and I trust the retailers more than the ebay folks.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
I've purchased two pipes from Park Lane. They are by far the two best pipes I've ever purchased online. The description/pictures did not do them justice. Unbelievable quality etc. I think saying their pipe selection is limited is a little nit picky. They have many that I couldn't find anywhere else. I agree the tobacco selection is limited. Pipes seem to be their strong suit. Since no ones buying pipes now...

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Maybe they are just testing the waters. Whether or not that's the case, we've hardly extended a warm welcome to a company which is supporting this site. I say welcome and I hope they prosper. Hopefully they'll have some success, grow and increase their offerings.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
I didn't go to the site. If its a link to there store you have to click on webstore in the menu. 65 high end pipes.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Curiosity got me, visited the site. That's not Park Lanes site. It does look as though people behind this are contemplating a run at the online big boys. I'm at a loss. Still Park-Lane=Good pipes. Eject

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Have you even looked at the website that the OP is referring to in the topic of his post? If you had you would notice that they have a total selection of 7 pipes to choose from. None of which are anything special. I would call that limited to say the least.
Maybe they should have used the URL "cigarsandpipe.com" :lol:
Seriously though, their cigar selection is respectable. I hope they expand their pipe and pipe tobacco selection.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey guys, this is a new sponsor. Welcome to them, and I'll be watching to see what comes around on their site. Right now it looks like a site where someone new to pipe smoking could get the essentials at a good price.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It's always great to have new sponsors...and every site has a beginning and given some time and new customers can grow...

Status
Not open for further replies.