What's It Gonna Be? Your First PAD Of 2014!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
For me, I have another NOS Aldo Velani in layaway at the B&M, plus two estate Petersons, from a forum member, that should be heading my way soon. Plus, my birthday is in less than three weeks, and I suspect that my wife will have something PAD/TAD related for me as well!

I told myself I was gonna buy less pipes this year, but so far it's not looking that way, lol!
So what's first up on the list for you guys?

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I'm torn between a another new Erik Nording and another Turkish meerchaum (I have two meers on the way). I need another pipe like I need a hole in my head and feel guilty enough that I don't smoke all of my pipes regularly.

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
I'm looking at this Jolly Roger pipe, anyone have any experience with those? They look good but I hope they smoke good too!

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I have one Radice in the mail to be delivered tomorrow, and I already have my eye on another... 2 sandblasted billiards with the same stain and plateau on the rim.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Thinking about a classic "1908" Peterson or a James Upshall Billiard. Always looking for vintage Kaywoodies and as soon as the PAD account is up to going to commission a classic straight billiard from Ryan " Lonestar" Alden at Alden Pipes .

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Honestly I've been so TAD focused I haven't even considered the first briar for 2014.
I have been wanting to add a Ser Jacapo to the collection for quite some time since I've never tried one of their pipes. Might set my goal on one of those.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Just pulled the trigger on my first pipe fr 2014 from smokingpipes.com

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I got my Chacom Maya 185 in the mail yeasterday. I guess that counts as my first pipe of the new year. Smoked a bowl of Fusilier's Ration with it at midnight. Really good smoker and very happy with it even though it took a while to track it down. It was the very first pipe that I new I wanted to buy 9 months ago or so; glad to finally own it.
002-512-0879_1.jpg

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Toying with the idea of a Savinelli Oscar Tiger Smooth Briar. A friend has it in Rustic and it's a very nice looking pipe. Gotta think about it a bit.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm talking with Ernie Markle right now about pipe #6 in my 7 Day Set of black blasts.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
My first PAD for 2014 is a block of briar from Mark Tinsky, a new set of rasps and files, some feibings dye and a chunk of carnuba wax. Already started and will be posting pics in a week or so!

glwanabe

Lurker
Nov 23, 2013
I have two that I want to add to my small rack. Either a Sav roma 320, or the 141 billiard. Leaning towards the 141 billiard at this point.
Later this year I'd like to have a large bowl stubby billiard made.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I just got back from my trip north. The Purdy awaits (I hope) at the post office. In the meantime, I bought a nice looking Barling Canadian which should be wending its way to me shortly. Also a sizable order of baccy from Pipes and Cigars.

Hope that you all had a great week!
Happy New Year to you all!

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I'm planning another Rad Davis commission for my first new pipe of 2014. I am always looking at estates too so who knows............... :?:

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Hadn't really planned on buying any new pipes this year. I have 4 pipes that I really like and a couple of extra kickers so I'm pretty well set. Of course, I didn't even make it 1 day into the new year before I saw a Castello Sea Rock on Ebay that I had to bid on. So, this was totally unplanned, but my first pipe of 2014 is a Castello Sea Rock #17 (KK).
Castello_Pot_zps1831beb0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.