What were they thinking? Imagination required!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
This has to be one of the funniest pipes I have ever seen, and I had to ask myself what were they thinking? I knew you guys would appreciate this, so here you go.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250997103155?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3838wt_1113

Jul 15, 2011
I have seen some old German pipes on Ebay that look a lot like this only the curve is more extreme and the pipes are a lot longer. I dont think the German ones are made out of briar either. Still, this looks kind of cool. Thanks for sharing.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
::Ahem:: That is, indeed, interesting. I wonder if its creation was something out of a slapstick comedy? Intense cut scenes of a craftsman working intensely on his work bench. Dramatic music. In the end, triumph.
Craftsman: At last! I have created perfection!
Craftsman's Friend: Dude.
Craftsman: What?
Craftsman's Friend: Really?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Not in a million years would I smoke something that looks like someone's dangle. :rofl:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Truth be told, I really like this one!

What a great flowing interpretation of the cavalier. Functional horn condensation plug... this is a fine looking pipe to me. If my PAD dollars weren't earmarked for other pieces, and the starting bid was a bit lower, I could see making a bid on it.
ETA: LOL, you're a hard bunch folks, someones dangle hehehe (-:

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Is that a pipe in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this pipe. I guess we all just have dirty minds. :lol:

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
What's so funny? It's just a Cavalier style pipe.. wait... 8O
Funny stuff man, but it took me a minute to see what you found funny.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
It's a cavalier. Not a big deal, and a really interestingly engineered style in general.
I wouldn't say you guys have dirty minds, I'd call it a mix of Beavis and Butthead-itis, with a complete lack of sophistication and maybe a few orientation issues.
If you really want to have a "it looks like a dick" party, check out some of Tokutomi's stuff. That will keep you going until it's time to watch wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.