PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
Like a kid a Christmas...just got my P&C order in today....never have tried any of these four....I feeling the excitement starting, mouth is starting to water some...which one first...which one will be the Holy Grail or will I continue my search....Hmmm, let me see now.
Do you remember the first time you tried one of these brands?
004-600x450.jpg

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Nice choices. Be sure to provide us with your thoughts when you crack one open and smoke it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very grouping and they cover the gamut. FMOTT is a fave of mine and all of them are high quality so where ever you start you'll be doing just fine.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
Chose the the Escudo first...The first impression as I opened the tin was a plum or Prune smell. I rubbed out 1.5 coins and loaded my Stanwell Brazilia. First the false light, then a relight. Produced a lot of smoke...What a wonderful blend of Va/Per. Has a slight peppery taste and just a hint of the Perique coming through. Still sipping it slowly, nice mellow and sweet taste, almost tempted to inhale. Absolutely no bite, just a mild enjoyable smoke.
I tend to prefer English blends. I haven't found a mild Virginia that I like but I believe this one will be a home-run. The wife says she likes the room note, not overpowering. I also taste something else there I can't put my finger on. Very nice.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Escudo is wonderful, but it is better with some age on it. Typically, I store my tobaccos for up to 2 years before cracking the tin open. So you should buy another tin of escudo to smoke now, and save the other for 2 years. Heck, you should do that with all four! But, that being said, I think you should start of with either the Jacknife or Escudo. The Frog and Nightcap are awesome after dinner smokes for me.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
I'd go with the escudo - I smoked it for the first time the other day. Burns really well and gives a pleasant smoke :)
Either way let us know which you like as time progresses!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I find that the first couple of coins out of the freshly opened tin has a back note of grass or hay that I really enjoy. It doesn't seem to hang around once the tin has been open a while. Maybe that's the flavor you can't identify.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Same with me Escudo!

And Rotation,rotation.rotation...

One tin a day. Pop,pop, POW!!! Happy Smoking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm currently smoking GLP Triple Play which is a sort of cousin to GLP Jackknife. It's a medium-strong plug,

with some nicotine, but I am surprised, though I tend to smoke it slow, how it seems milder than even some

aros, or maybe just easier, if I take it easy. Everyone likes Frog Morton; I'm still aging my tin, so I can't

comment. Nightcap is strong and has some nic; I think it improves once the tin has been opened a few days.

I'd start with a small pipe, or with a partial bowl, until you get the hang of it. Once you do, it will likely be

a favorite. In rotation, I like Dunhill MM 965, but Nightcap is always a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.