Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's been brought to my attention that the profanity factor is on the up-rise here.
I have to admit that I have a bad habit of using the f word and other profanities, (hey, I'm from Jersey), but I am trying to clean up my dirty mouth when I speak. It really is a bad habit and it sounds worse to the person on the receiving end.
So I would like to ask you guys to try to keep it clean around here.
One of the things I like about pipe smoking is that it seems to be the classiest of all tobacco indulgences.
This isn't censorship.
This is me asking you to be on good gentlemanly behavior around here, which is fitting to what the image of a man smoking a pipe implies.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
What the H E double hockey sticks..
Swearing only shows a lack of vocabulary. Unless of course, you trip going down the steps or miss the nail and hammer your thumb or..

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I tend to avoid swearing here on the site, but occasionally it just seems appropriate; just as in life occasionally it seems appropriate.

I do think I've managed to avoid dropping any of the more "serious" words. And seriously, this is a good point. We don't want any lurkers to avoid joining because we look like a bunch of salty sailors in port...and we certainly don't want any media types seeing it! I can see it now, next horror story on CNN: Profanity Spewing Pipe Smokers: Corrupting the minds and bodies' of you children. Report at 11.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I grew up in New Jersey where the "F" word is a noun, adjective, verb, pronoun and in many cases a proper name. I'm working hard to replace it with more genteel language. I'm going to re-watch "Busgy Malone" where the more colorful words are made somewhat acceptible.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Thanks for reminding us of (or setting) the standard.....I have been on forums where it was allowed to go unaddressed and it got ugly after awhile. I appreciate the civility of this one. There is a great bunch of guys and a few gals here. It is much classier to keep the bar up. :D

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
You know the F word just so happens to be a member of -every- part of speech, in fact it is the one of one 4 words that are (bet you can't guess which the others are)

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
:) I have no problem what-so-ever cleaning up my language to post here, thank you for putting that so well Kevin.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I feel like I am VERY clean on this site considering what my sailor's mouth is like IRL... It's hard for me to type swear words because they usually lose their heat-of-the-moment flavor. This is directly attributed to the fact that I can't type to save my life. Thanks for the heads-up, Kevin. I'll attend to my coarse language a little better now.
-Jason

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
I tried to watch my language once but had to put my eyeballs back in their sockets. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.