What The F Are You Doing Up So Early (pre 4am)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My natural sleep cycle has me awake at around 2-3am every morning. I HATE it, but fighting this propensity has never worked out so I just kinda roll with it. I see others are up at this hour.... what's your excuse?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
To bed around 10:00 PM every night and up around 5:00 AM every morning. According to the stat guru's, I'm average... which is the story of my life. :cry:

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Work overnights in a prison. It is not uncommon for me to be awake at 4 a.m.. Although, since I don't get Internet acces at work, you won't see me post anything that early unless it is my day off.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have to start work at the airport at 6 am. Gotta make sure little Johnny doesn't punch a smokin' hole in the desert on the way to Sea World, ya know.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
That's when the coffee maker starts grinding the beans and filling the upper floor with the aroma of fresh coffee. It's also the time the dawg wants the bed. He doesn't like to share, he's a full blooded sprawler.
I also think it's good that some adults are up to keep you from getting into trouble.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wives (I was a widower for a while) have always had owl tendencies, so I stay up later than I'd do otherwise. But I still sleep nights. Natural cadence, sleep about 11:30 to 7:30. Adjusted for spouse, 12:30 or 1 to about 8 or 8:30 now that I'm retired. Given free reign, I think my wife would stay up until 2 or 2:30. I've worked an all-night shift, midnight to 8 a.m., so I know that's not prime time for me. A family member is a well-published novelist and memoirist, and she started writing when she couldn't sleep. I think most of her work is written before 7 a.m.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, I happened to be up after seeing a late showing of The Force Awakens. I'm a definite night owl, which I inherited from my mother. Left to my own devices I'm up at 10-11 and asleep by around 3:30-4 AM. I found that the relative quiet of the early morning was very conducive to getting creative work done.
But as I have to work with "normies" I've adapted to 7 AM to 1 AM, which never feels natural. Once I hang it up in a couple of years I'll revert to my normal cycle.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I wake up at 3:00 got to go to work at the hospital, that place never closes, and plus I get to drink my coffee, and its the quietest time you can ever have, I like going to the porch and have that time to think and reflect on the contents of my life, or even get some exercise in, sometimes I sit and enjoy a bowl full of strong English tobacco to start my day.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I work 430pm to 3am. 4 ten hour shifts. No fridays unless I want over time. On the weekend my wife always is confused as to why I stay up so late? It's not easy to just change ur schedule just like that.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"Well, I happened to be up after seeing a late showing of The Force Awakens. I'm a definite night owl, which I inherited from my mother. Left to my own devices I'm up at 10-11 and asleep by around 3:30-4 AM. I found that the relative quiet of the early morning was very conducive to getting creative work done.
But as I have to work with "normies" I've adapted to 7 AM to 1 AM, which never feels natural. Once I hang it up in a couple of years I'll revert to my normal cycle."
Verbatume, Brush.

Between family and work it is fixed early but at some point it is back to night owl hours. In a past life 00:00 to 03:00 OR 04:00 was a great time to contemplate and be creative. Just my natural clock.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
I get up at 5:30 now. Probably a little earlier in the next few weeks when the little one comes along. Back when we were milking on the 12's (every 12 hours) my dad would wake at 3:30 for milking, start at 4am, finish around 10:30am. take a nap during lunch and start milking at 4 pm till 10 pm. Glad we don't milk twice a day anymore, which has been for 15-18 years. We milk on the 8's (every 8 hours) so start up is at 6:30, 2:30, and 8:30 (night milker is allowed to start earlier since he is by himself). I generally fall asleep at 9 (I watch to see the lights turn on to make sure he is there). Then I hope I don't get called in the middle of the night for any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.