What should be in my next order of tobacco so i can just find out what i like?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick001

Lurker
Jul 4, 2011
Title says it all. Trying to broaden my horizon with the tobacco I try.
So in your opinion what's a must have?

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
One of my favorites is Billy Budd by Cornell & Diehl. Its a very full english smoke, with a bit of cigar leaf. Another is Dark English which is also very full, but a bit more approachable.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
YOU cannot go wrong with a sampler pack from any of the vendors that have one. IF you start with some bulk samplers, you can isolate what you enjoy the most and then try tins of similar composition for even better experience. And dont be afraid to try a Balkan style blend, i missed out for 20 years before I tried one.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I concur with Rig.

Samplers are a great way to go.
But, you can't go wrong with a pound of Lane 1-Q.

It is an excellent "go to" smoke.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
balkans for sure.

if you been thinking about a cherry type of blend Berry Nice is berry nice. www.pipesandcigars.com in the sponcers list.

shortcut to mushrooms is another popular favorite and one i will definately.

only one that will be a definately be one of my go to's. www.justforhim.com is only one i know has it. they arnt a sponcer here and if it is available from one of our sponcers, am not aware of it.

enjoy your quest, its only just begun. :D :clap:

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Get a sampler pack ot two that includes a variety of tobacco types, meaning a few aromatics, a few basic burley blends, Virginias, English, VaPer, etc. That'll be quicker and less costly than buting endless tins or tons of bulk. While Pipes and Cigars isn't my favorite e-tailer, they do offer a lot of options when it comes to samplers. CD is good, but then you only get to sample their own blends.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Samplers are a good way to go. When you go with samplers just try to stay with blend types you already know you like. That way you will know it's at least a blend type you've already tried and liked. Most manufaturers have a lot of the same types of blend but trying them from different blenders may find you your "Must Have Blend". As your tastes progress then move into blend types that you may not have tried and you can then broaden your tastes a little at a time.

nick001

Lurker
Jul 4, 2011
Besides pipes and cigars, any other place that has a good sampler selection? And Lawrence. Ive seen 1Q mentioned a lot around here and that's in the buggy.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you're looking for aromatic blends Connoisseur's Choice by Peterson cannot be beaten. I've also just gotten big into their Gold Blend as well. One other blend I recently picked up and like a lot is Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream. McClelland has a really good aromatic as well called Best of Show in the Premium Aromatics line.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Cornell & Diehl - Nutty Irishman(Reminds me of a Snicker's Bar)

Cornell & Diehl - Bailey's Front Porch(Do you like Bailey's?)

Gawith & Hoggarth - Sweet Maple Twist(Slightly Sweet, leather, coffee, with a good nicotine kick)

Peterson - Irish Whiskey(Slight Whiskey flavor with a nice, mellow tobacco)

Peterson - Old Dublin(Some people say this smells like old socks. I think it tastes great!)

shillelagh3

Lurker
Feb 19, 2011
Georgia
nabottle: I'm definitely seeing an Irish theme there. Along the same lines, whenever I get in another aromatic mood, I'd like to take a swing a Samuel Gawith's Celtic Talisman...if I can find it.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I did a sampler when I first started and found it very helpful. I think I did 'stand by me' from pipesand cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.