What Music Concerts Are You looking Forward To This Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Just bought orchestra level tickets to see Judas Priest in VA this October! Super stoked!
Anyone else have any shows they are going to/ plan on going to?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The new Priest album is pretty darn good, I'd love to see the one more time before Rob packs it in.
Not too much on our horizon. We did buy tickets with a bunch of folks at work for Jimmy Buffet in VA this August (couple of weeks I guess). I'm not necessarily a Buffet fan, but the tailgate and experience should be interesting.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Agreed Al! The new album is pretty good. A bit of a more "commercialized" structure than their past works, but still maintains that classic Priest sound. Halls Of Valhalla is my favorite song off the new album.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
So far this year we've seen one of my favorites: John Prine (with opening act Sarah Jarosz), and for the wife's birthday we saw Natalie Merchant.
The only other concert on the docket this year so far is the Wailin' Jennys; frequent guests on Prairie Home Companion.
... Admittedly the complete opposite of Judas Priest, whom I used to love back in the 80s.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
We're going to see the Zombies next month. If you have not heard them lately you should. Their new stuff is fantastic and Colin Bludstone is singing better than when he was 20. I always dug them beczuse of the jazz elements in their music.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
The girlfriend and I are going to Arcade Fire on August 8. We are really looking forward to it, and there is a really cool theme for the show. Everyone is supposed to either dress in a costume or formal.

In my small town, we have Blues, Jazz, and Bluegrass concerts in the city amphitheater by the creek. So, I can just set out on my back porch and listen, or walk down there to hang out with friends. The last big show I saw was George Clinton. I have a friend who is the theater manager where he played, so I got to hang out afterwards with George. He's even more indecipherable in person than on stage, lol. But, I hate standing in a crowd, especially with a bunch of people drinking. I have a hard time being around anyone drinking these days. IMO, it's liquid asshole.

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
We're going to see the Zombies next month. If you have not heard them lately you should.
I didn't know the Zombies got back together. Is Rod Argent playing with them, too?

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
I had to miss Maiden last yea cuz of deployment. What a bummer! The Zombies sounds like a good show. Might have to see if they're coming around.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
We have tix for Marshal Tucker and Charlie Daniels.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Looking forward to seeing the Dave Rawlings Machine with Gillian Welch and John Paul Jones (Led Zep). Also going to see Hayes Carll.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
FYI for those who care. The Zombies will be at Penns Peak in the Poconos on August 17. Rod Argent and Colin Bludstone with a great band. You won't be sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.