Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
purplemotoman, i am with you 100%, brother. It will be a cold cold day in hell before i comply with that ridiculous law, should the idiots in power ever pass it.

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
I agree, something about 'the pursuit of happiness' comes to mind... But that would never stand up I'm sure.
We as a forum should form some union to separate "Smokers" from brothers and sisters of the briar.
I've never touched cigarettes, and never plan to, so why should a ban on smoking cigarettes limit me (us)?
That's pretty much the same as saying that a pen is no different than a pencil because you use them both in your hand to make words appear on paper. Sure, there is a similarity however, one will leave stains, and is harder to control, while the other leaves no mark that cannot be undone and is in complete control of the user. One may bleed through and could ruin the next few pages, while the other leaves every other aspect of anything other than the page and line of the paper the user would be writing on pristine and untouched.
Cigarettes are not Cigars is not Pipe tobacco. The same way that Caffeine is not marijuana in not heroin. Sure the former is Tobacco products, in the same way that the latter are drugs.
Perception is what we must fight, and the perception that Pipe smoking is as unhealthy as Smoking a pack of Cigarettes everyday is ludicrous and ignorant.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Even they put me in a jail. I will never give up my pipes and smoking.

NEVER !!!

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
The issue is what we do with our own bodies and on our own property, is our business alone. Whether it is harmful or not, it is our right endowed by either our creator or by the mere fact that, if we are only animals another animal of such base origins has no authority to run our existence.
There is no need to split hairs over whether this vice is better than that vice. While pipes are better than Cigars or cigarettes, they aren't "good for you." Don't fall into the trap, divide and conquer is a wonderful tool, it makes your enemy defeat himself.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Factory smokestacks blow out tons of polluted smoke, but that's not a popular issue to protest. Instead it's much safer to go after smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.