PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
What is that one blend you always have to have on hand? It doesn't have to be your favorite, just the one you grab by the pound at your local, or never leave home without...
For example, I always have at least a few ounces of 1Q at arms reach. What is your "go to" blend?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
KC that is currently my #2 blend.

I love it, but it is not as convenient as 1Q.
However; inconvenience is one aspect of pipe smoking that appeals to me.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Lawrence,
I usually rub out a dozen or so coins at a time, makes it much more convenient if you're short on time later in the day. I find that the roll-and stuff works well with Bull's Eye if you're going outside in a brisk breeze. My only real problem with ribbon-cuts like 1-Q is that they can smoke awfully hot when it's windy.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew because my wife likes the smell and I can smoke it in the house. Chelsea Morning and Union Square would be my two tied for favorites though.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
On the cooler days, 5110. During these hot muggy summer days it's FVF or UF for me.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
I generally gravitate towards 2 depending on my mood...Prince Albert or Boswells Sweet Tea.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
hobie1dog, so am I but so far 1Q hasn't been surpassed. It is the one blend you will never catch me without! Lane BCA is another one of those I always have around.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Honestly, I'm hard pressed to make this determination. There are just

a lot of blends that I enjoy on a regular basis. Life is good.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Fred touched upon something that I have been thinking about for a couple of days.
There are just a lot of blends that I enjoy on a regular basis.
I currently have 31 different blends in my stash. I don't have a lot of each generally between 2 and 4 ounces. Of those 3 blends I have over half a pound.

Because I have so many choices now, I find it difficult to even select what I want to smoke next.

I'm glad I have the good ol' Lane 1Q to keep me grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.