What Does 5# of McClelland 5115 Look Like?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
That's right.

It fits neatly into a dozen half-pint Ball jars...​

IMG_8480-vi.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Is this stuff that good?

At this point, I think that I have 5# of each of the McClelland flakes, as well as 5100. So yes, I like them!.
This one has a mild flavoring of dried/carmelized fruit: figs, plums and/or apricots that is very complimentary to the tobacco. It rates up there with anything that German produces, although it is in another genre entirely. Add a few years on to it and it should be fantastic. There is some 5 year old 2020 in my cellar that is spectacular.
And besides, ain't they cute, those little jars of compressed wonderfulness?

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Great stash. I've always liked the mason jars themselves. Add tasty tobacco to the mix, and it's the bees knees. :)

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
This stuff is spectacular, it reminds me of erinmore flake except it's pure Va and it seems to be a better quality. The more you smoke it the more you pick up the topping, when I first tried it, it was just like smoking a straight Va pretty much, after about a week I started to really pick up the apricot. I think it's also using the same pipe it seasons the pipe and it brings out those flavors as well. @MortonBriar they have this one at your work, Old world Classic, it's where I first tried it. This is one of the McClellend's offerings I wish 4noggins would start carrying.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Yeah, I would have preferred to put it up in 4oz jars (about 3.5oz by weight in each), but I don't have the time/patience for that. Having over 7 oz open at a time is a bit much, but since it is firmly compacted, most of the contents should remain relatively air-free even once it is opened. I can always flush the container with CO2 every time before re-closing!

Status
Not open for further replies.