Not open for further replies.

rishimak

Lurker
Sep 20, 2012
should i get this pipe?

Peterson Kinsale Rusticated (XL17) Fishtail
here is more information.

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=98454
leave me your thoughts on this pipe..should i buy it or ditch it?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
personally not a fan. i dont like the full bend. im more of a stright pipe or 1/4 bent pipe. i personally would go for similar style = (rusticated and color) just not full bent.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
if it aesthetically pleases you then you cant go wrong with a pete. maybe consider a p-lip? not for everyone but i like them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I personally would not pay that kind of money for a Pete, when I could by a Mastro De Paja. If you are looking for a full bent pipe, check out this. http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/mastro-de-paja/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=109515
Also check out the other Mastro's there. I would also recommend looking at the Winslow's at smokingpipes, superior to Pete's in my opinion.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
Its pretty nice... but hows about this
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Nording/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=106072

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
IMHO, I am not crazy about the color or the shape...so its a no from me... :crying:

In the same breath, your the one who has to smoke it...if it appeals to you...go for it!

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
Not really a fan of the Pete...
Thats Mastro is absolutely amazing though...and that Nording is screaming my name and with a nice price.
But, as it has been said it is completely up to you! You have to be happy with it as you will be the one enjoying it. As long as your happy with it then I am sure we will all be happy that you have found something you like/enjoy.
Best of luck in picking your new pipe!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I actually like the Pete, but if you have doubts, I say move on. They really have to call out to you, and as the other fellows noted, there are some real nice alternatives on the same site. If your PAD had kicked in with full force, it would probably already be on its way to you by now...

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
A beautiful piece for sure.. though I am personally not a fan of rustication. I have a Pete in a similar shape, but I have to agree with what cigrmaster sys about the price.. That Nording though would fit nicely in my rack.. if there was any space left that is.. lol

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
That is a nice pipe. What tobacco would you plan on smoking in it? I like the shape that cigrmaster listed better. I have always been curios of how difficult it would be to get a pipe cleaner through the one you listed. My preference of finishes would be the Nording Personally. I want a Nording Freehand.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I actually really like that pipe. since i went to Kinsale in March, it has that much more sentiment for me.
I have one pete and i love it. You really do get what you pay for when you buy a Peterson. I was actually looking at the petes on smokingpipes today for about 2 hours haha.
If you have the money to spend on it, I'd say go for it. You won't be disappointed on how it smokes. Plus it looks nice!!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Can't go wrong with a Peterson. I have five of them and they all smoke wonderfully. I do like that Kinsale. Nice shape and good rustication. I'd definitely spend that much for a Pete like that. Wouldn't throw the same amount on a Mastro de Paja because, I haven't heard anything about them, good or bad. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever heard of them. Peterson has a long history, since 1865, of producing good quality smoking pipes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I like Peterson pipes and I like that shape, but I don't care for that particular model. It doesn't scream "I'm a good smoker. Buy me!" to me. Then again I have a higher grade, more expensive, smooth Pete from the Holmes series in that style. If you have too many second thoughts and it seems like you do, look for something else.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
I agree with Cigarmaster. The Mastro de Pajo is a much better looking pipe and has a good reputation. I am thinking of getting this same series Mastro in a straight shape. With the shape you are looking at, I would have reservations about the drilling in both of those pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.