What Do You Think Is The Hardest Flake To Find?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Since May of 2012 I have been buying flakes to fill my cellar, some are easy to get, others are a major ball buster. What has been your hardest flake to find? I have mine and will let you guys know towards the end of the thread which one it is. The flake I had the most trouble finding is a blend that is little known, but is incredibly tasty. Of course once I spill the beans, you guys will curse me up and down because you will want it and it will be a bitch.
So lets's hear yours.

Dec 24, 2012
What Do You Think Is The Hardest Flake To Find?
Cigrmaster is the hardest flake to find. The bastard only logs in once every two months, pisses everyone off, and then runs off.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, it is not my fault I got a serious eye infection and I have an 8mm stone in my right kidney. See how you are doing at my age you young whipper snapper.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I cannot wait till you get a case of the Gout, you will be crying like a baby. With all the red meat you eat it is just a matter of time. Now answer the question you freaking jag off.

Dec 24, 2012
Uh, I did answer the question above - that damn eye infection must be worsening. Should I post in braille?

Dec 24, 2012
Well, all I know is that in almost 2 years in the hobby I have yet to see a tin of Kingfisher for sale at any of the online retailers, yet they all claim that it has not been discontinued. What flake are you referring to?

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
A few weeks ago I would have said Old Ironsides. Then I got lucky and managed to score about 7 tins to hold me over for awhile. Thanks again to peck for the heads up on finding some!
Harris, don't be bringing up gout. That shit sucks. Wouldn't wish it on anyone! lol

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Stonehaven's tough but not impossible. Ditto Penzance.
I haven't seen Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake available recently, though I know people get it sometimes. I would love to try it.
I remember passing on tins of Kingfisher when I bought Pelican in 2005. I wasn't totally impressed with Pelican, though, so I've not been totally bummed about missing Kingfisher.
If we're talking about flakes that are supposedly still in production, those are the ones I know about and either want or have wanted at some point. But you can't taste rarity, and there are plenty of other fine smokes to be had.
As far as out of production stuff I'd love to try but haven't seen come up for sale, let alone be able to afford them, I'd put Benson & Hedges Original Virginia Flake at the top of that list.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
A month ago I would have said Wessex BCDF, but I finally found a tin (at a premium price) and I wasn't overly impressed.

Next on my bucket list is Kingfisher.
ps. It's a good thing Peck and Harris are separated by about 3000 miles! 'Twould be better if separated by an ocean! :rofl:

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Any of the discontinued ones ;)
Not sure what you're referring to, though I have one in mind - John Aylesbury - but it pops up now and again.
I've had Kingfisher. It was maybe 5-7 years ago, but I didn't feel rushed to get another tin and it seemed to be kicking around if you looked at that point. I think there's a self-inflicted Tobacco Rush on right now that we're all dealing with.
I blame Mr. Cigarmaster and Mr. Peck.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Astleys no. 44 is pretty much never available. WBCF is probably the next hardest to find. Luckily I happened across a BM a month ago that had it and I bought 5 tins. And yes John Aylesbury luxury flake is a PITA to find as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.