PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I think there was a thread like this previously but I am unable to find it.

Here is an article about my work and the friend of mine that started it. Curious what other piping friends do to support TAD & PAD cures.

GreenWhey

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
I've already 'come out' as an academic pulmonologist. By UK standards I'm pretty well paid, so my wages also support my WAD and BAD!!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I am a maintenance mechanic at a plant that produces catalysts for coal-fired power plants. Before that, I was a full time welder, before that I was a millwright, before that I had 4yrs. training as a machinist.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
I work in a big commercial kitchen for a local school district, also work for a couple catering companies.. do custom leatherwork and make custom wood arrows as a side business/hobby too..

vlodko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2013
Ukraine
My last position was an CIO (IT director) in a Ukrainian holding company. Currently without any job :)
@msandoval858 - nice to meet you here. I am former network administrator too and was certified in Unix and Cisco.
Good luck everyone!

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Well I was driving lift truck at a cat litter factory when I was one of a few who were part of 'restructuring'. I found a job very soon afterwards and I'm going to be doing what I like doing at home but on a larger scale and that's making sausages. Start on tuedsay and a little nervous, I've done 300lb in about 8hr at home by hand but never 400lb in about 15min multiple times in an industrial stuffer lol. A new learning experience for me and I'm always ready for a challenge.

vlodko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2013
Ukraine
@cavendish Good luck with your new job!
I am thinking now if I really want to stay in the same area or should I try something what I like more? Similarly to you. :)

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
rothnh said:

"I've had varied and interesting careers ..."
As have I ... spent the last 15 years of my working career in sales ... my most recent employer went out of business leaving me in a sort of 'non-volunteer retirement' ... the recession prolonged that 'retirement' to the point that it's beginning to look like more or less permanent ... I'd rather be working, but it's got to be the right thing or I just may stay 'retired' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.