PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
I bought the following five pipes for 10 bucks this weekend. Any thoughts on what I have? By the markings from top to bottom they read 1. Bruken, 2. Asselta, 3. Wally Frank Ltd, 4. Yello Bole, and 5. Medico Apollo.
The first one is the most curious. I posted an additional picture of that one. I was disappointed to realize the Medico is Brylon. I am not a big fan of those but the shape was cool.

I'll appreciate any thoughts or information on the pipes. All are in reasonable shape.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Very unique fibula of the horse. I'd like to see a pic of the top down view. It is hard to believe that thing has a bowl, still very interesting.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
Top view as requested. It was too unique to pass up and especially for that price.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
Which one is the Canadian? I am struggling to find much on the Bruken or Asselta.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
Got it. The Canadian is the shape. Thanks for the term drop. I learned something.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
I see your point about suggesting I was disappointed. I am thankful for the good deal. I just really like the look of that Medico but I am not a great fan of the Brylon. I typically only buy briar. Looking forward to trying to learn more about the others.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I think you will find the Wally Frank to be an excellent smoker, in its time a very respected company.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Brylon sucks. I hate that material and would love to slap the person who invented it.
"Briar shortage? Cut production costs? Hmmm, hey! I got this new material: brylon."
That was a bad day that many of us have to relive buying estate pipes. My brylon experience came in an estate lot. After smoking it and reading about it afterwards I then gave it to the landfill.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
Still looking for any information about the the carved horse Bruken pictured above. If you have any hunches please post. I can't be sure if it is briar or not. It does feel light.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
My fiance actually picked me up a Bruken when she was in Spain last summer. They are indeed a Spanish maker who I believe make factory style pipes and some artisan, or were originally artisan. Thats a great find congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.