PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogmoz

Lurker
Apr 29, 2009
Bayou Morning & Bayou Evening = Win
Cornell and Diehl know their perique, and I've had at least 30 blends that were VA/Per. In fact, with the exception to their aromatics, (which as an institution I do not like), their products are just divine, with the caveat that if you get a fresh batch it needs to sit for at least 6 months. Their stuff is fresh, and not always in the best sense of the word.
Oh, right! This is a "what are you smoking?" thread! Ummm...nothing. I'm a little out of the loop with smoking and haven't had a pipe in some three days or so. My highly anticipated order from Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. has been ordered just exactly right so that it won't come until after the holiday. I could have ordered a day earlier or two later and had the same approximate result!
Completely unrelated, but we should start a tobacco exchange thread. Get some of the quiet majority of pipesmagazine.com out of the figurative woodwork. Familiar? It goes like this:
"I have X and would like to trade for Y."
For whatever reason I have had nothing but amazing luck trading tobacco with others, even once getting Condor and Warrior Plug from a man in Nottingham, England! All I traded him was some harder-to-come-by tobaccos from McClelland and C&D.
Wow, what a long and rambling thread. Sorry? Well, thanks, Python, for at least keeping the forums fresh and lively, if only to lure in one wordy analogmoz!

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
Python, in your experience, should there be a basis for it if you have been acquainted with FMOTB, how does the latter blend compare with the other C&D Per blend you're smoking? I ask because I recently smoked some FMOTB, but never Bayou Morning.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
Oh, almost forgot the purpose of the thread: no pipe yet today, smoking now my once a week cigar, in this case a Nub.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Peterson University Flake in a Dunhill Black Shell Briar (3103) (2002) sitting in my shorts and sandals on the deck. The sun is glistening on the water as the sailboats lazily sail by. Also watching the planes that fly the large banner ads across the beach picking up and dropping off banners at Albert Witted Airport.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
eddiegrob said: Python, in your experience, should there be a basis for it if you have been acquainted with FMOTB, how does the latter blend compare with the other C&D Per blend you're smoking? I ask because I recently smoked some FMOTB, but never Bayou Morning.
I do have some FMOTB in my cellar, but have not gotten around to trying it yet. The Bayou Morning was a pretty good smoke. I have only had 1 total bowl of it so far. 1/2 on Friday and the other 1/2 DGT'ed on Saturday. I will need to smoke a few more bowls of it to get a proper aspect of it. But if it only gets better, it will be a great smoke. I will have to open the FMOTB soon though to compare.
Getting ready to smoke some Sunset Breeze.

analogmoz

Lurker
Apr 29, 2009
Mr. Python, you cannot fail to enjoy your hobby when smoking the supremely skilled products from Cornell and Diehl. It's really nice to see them working so hard to create so many blends; in many ways we seem to be in the heyday of pipe smoking. I cannot imagine the skill and technique being used today was common in the more populous times of pipe smoking.
Oh. Have you ever seen the History Channel show on tobacco? Cornell and Diehl was the main feature of the pipe tobacco section.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Peterson Sunset Breeze.
I have not seen that show Analogmoz. It sounds interesting though. I do watch a lot of the History Channel and I don't know how I could have missed it. Maybe they will re-air it sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.