PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
I started reading and enjoying a couple bowls every night after the children have gone off to bed. Tonight I am reading a leather bound special edition of The Hobbit my wife got me for Christmas while enjoying some Captain Black Gold in a Mario Grandi XL rusticated volcano. What are you folks currently reading and smoking and in what pipe?
Cheers,

Jared

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Hey Jared-

Just delved into Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poems. I read some as a youngster, and honestly, didn't take the time or thought to appreciate them. Re-reading them with an open mind, and they are quite fascinating.......... GLP Westminster smoldering in a Andreas Bauer Meer, bit o' Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA on the side........ :puffy:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm reading The Devil In The White City. Tonight I was accompanied by Strang in a Colossus Materpiece and an excellent thunderstorm to boot.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Henry Wadsworth, ehh? That's one I haven't read in a great while as well. I'll put that on my reading list!
Hawky, you a very lucky! I long for thunderstorms but don't get to enjoy too many in my area. The Devil in the White City sounds intriguing!
Cheers,

Jared

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I'm almost done reading Steven Erikson's The Forge of Darkness for the second time since the second book of the trilogy is coming out on the 21st of this month.
I'm not smoking while reading though, I find it hard to concentrate both to the pipe and the book.

bscox3

Lurker
Mar 29, 2016
Last night I had a bit of Frog Mortons cellar and i am almost through the amazing Civil War reading of "Battle cry For freedom". next is Rebel Yell. i am really into the Civil War history right now.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
C&D Three Friars and Clancy's Executive Orders, long and intriguing.
Bscox3- check out The South Was Right by Kennedy

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Pandora's Locks: The Opening of the Great Lakes - St. Lawrence Seaway by Jeff Alexander. Overly familiar eco-political true horror story spanning decades. Damn good book if this sort of thing interests you.

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
I finished reading The Arm by Jeff Passan yesterday, and would recommend it to any baseball fan. Today, I'm returning to the Horatio Hornblower series, Vol 5. My lunch hour smoke will be McConnell Scottish Flake in an absolutely gorgeous Moonshine Pipes 320 that arrived yesterday.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Almost done reading "Code to Zero by Ken Follet. Smoking a Stanwell Farok Pipe with Sleepy Hollow blend tobacco. Love this tobacco!

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
No just kidding ''the wolf of winter'' by Jonathan Connelly, a fantastic author.

Status
Not open for further replies.