PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
I just counted the number of tins I have queued up for trying (new blends). These are tins I TAD bough. Blends that I read about here or on tobaccoreviews.
I have 40 tins waiting to be tried!!! Its too late now to type them all here :) but I was wondering if this is normal and thought maybe I should start a new thread ala "What are you smoking" :).
What are you Queuing?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I think it's probably about normal for a new-ish smoker. I still have blends I want to try, though my TAD orders have decreased from once/month to a couple times a year over the years. Coincidentally, I just placed one. Gotta stock up when Stokkebye flakes are on sale,,,, so why not add a few new blends and get free shipping, right?
For the most part, my must-try wish lists are dwindling down to the few remaining custom blending houses. Peretti figures prominently on my wish list currently.

Mar 1, 2014
I have 14 tins.
I actually haven't finished off a single tin yet, and only one sample. Two bowls a week isn't a lot, so it's basically impossible to smoke at the same pace as I buy.

At least it's easy to put some age on a lot of tins.

matches

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2015
Dunedin, NZ
I've got around 10 or so in the queue. Mostly Va or Vaper as I'm yet to try any. I'm a big Latakia fan but thought I'd try something different.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I'm finishing off a few jars at the moment and then I'm on a Germains kick so next to be openned will be Brown flake, Medium flake, Special Latakia flake and King James. The three flakes all have 18 months of age.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I was queued for Penzance and Stonehaven. When SP's notification system blew up and they didn't automatically realist folks I came to the conclusion waitlisting and hunting for exotics in general adds stress to an otherwise relaxing experience. I have zero interest in the hunt or cellaring. If I can't get what I want I see that as an opportunity to try something new.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I smoke probably 7 to 10 bowls a day and yet, I still can't put a dent in the backlog of untried blends.

And, my narrow focus notwithstanding (no Latakia, Lakeland or aromatics), the last few years have seen

a virtual explosion of new blends to try! There are dozens of untried tins in my cellar, and scores more

still on various wishlists. That makes me a happy, in impatient, camper. :puffy:

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Probably about ten to try, and I'm about to add two more the next order. I rarely smoke aromatics, but I've got a few I want to try, so Edward G Robinson, Glen Piper and Bagpiper's Dream are right at the top of the queue.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
@lochinvar I recommend the Glen Piper. A great old timey smoke.
I also have some bagpiper's dream I've been meaning to open for a year or two, along with some cognac.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
First on the list is Black House. I've also got some Fribourg & Treyer Wingate Mixture on the way which I'm looking forward to.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
Ok, I finally got around to listing them :). Here are my queue of 41 blends to try. This is not the cellar :-(.... I taste a tin of something and if I like it I make a note of ordering more to age and cellar so I've stashed some of the blends I've already tried I liked ..... The TAD is strong with this one....
Royal Cajun Ebony

Black Woods Flake

Dark Star

Chenet’s Cake

Oak Alley

Joie De Vivre

Bourbon Bleu

Old Grove

Yenidje Supreme

Yenidje Highlander

JackKnife Plug

Gaslight

Triple Play

Key Largo

Maltese Falcon

Meridian

Quiet Nights

Rubusto

FM Cellar

Chelsea Morning

Samarra

Stratford

Fillmore

Nightcap

Royal Yacht

Aperitif

Early Morning Pipe

Vintage Syrian

Plumcake

Squadron Leader (with Perique)

FVF

Wessex BVF

Latakia Flake

Bald Headed Teacher

Prarie Wind

Owl’s Head

Three Blind Moose

7 Seas Black

Golden Age

French Quartet

Man’s Best Friend

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I'm in a boat not dissimilar to yours. I buy sales or deals because I trust people's reviews on here, then never get around to trying them. Lol. I've been focused on PAD lately, but TAD is always looming.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
I've had a "kid in a candy store" feeling since I started smoking pipes seriously about a year ago. I look at my shelf with pride almost everyday and have a system for opening new blends. Some days (especially when I'm about to finish a tin) I smoke and smoke and smoke because I'm excited about opening a new tin of the same blend family as the one I'm about to finish. Its just fascinating to me..
I always have a Pure Virginia, a Latakia, a VaPer, and a Burly open at the same time. I find that nothing compares to a Virginia or Burly/Kentucky Flake. I also alway have an Irish Flake or ODF open at all times. Fun stuff :).

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I just sent an order for more tobacco, none of which I've tried.
Captain Earle's -

Ten Russians

Nightwatch

Diamond Head

Private Stock

Da Vinci

Bow-Legged Bear

Stimulus Package
Cornell & Diehl -

Pirate Kake

Epiphany

Byzantium
(and a pack of pipe cleaners to reach free shipping)

Total cost: $96.89

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have a hard time controlling myself from having too many tins open at once. That's why my most recent tobacco purchases have been "known likes" for the cellar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I have about 30 of completely untried (sealed) tins. A few are Dark Star, Royal Yacht, El Nino, C&D Burley #1, Riverboat Gambler, Arcadia, and Low Country Cooper. I have a nice selection of samples from Forums members jarred that I use as treats too. I could coast for quite a while. Regulars right now are PC Chestnut, C&D Billy Budd, MB Modern Virginia, McC's Red Va 5100, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.