What Are You Getting Your Spouse for Christmas?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The season of peace and joy is coming fast. I'll admit I'm usually a "last minute" kind of guy, but this year is different.
I've already bought my wife a new Nikon camera (I'll be able to post better pictures on the forum) and pearl earrings. I will be adding foo-foo stuff in also.
So, what are you doing for your spouse for Christmas?

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
A copy of "The Taming of the Shrew" by the Bard. Oh, and an original vinyl of "Play With Fire" by The Rolling Stones.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
My wonderful wife is a fan of things which sparkle, so I'll probably season the tree liberally with little boxes that go a long way. I'll also hold onto the gift receipts for the occassional, "That's... Lovely."
-- Pat

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
She really wants more quilting supplies. I want supplies for woodworking. We probably will buy our own present and have the other one wrap it.
Winton

Dec 24, 2012
I'm getting her a new camera and she's giving me her 5D Mark ii to use for my pipes. So she gets something and I get something.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Just told my wife what her limit was and go buy what she wants with it. Already bought her a light gray dress coat for formal wear, and we just made our first house purchase. She let me get a scope and a Gasparini with a bunch of tobacco, and hinted to either a Wii U or a iPad mini. Kids are gonna enjoy the Wii more than me. :lol:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I do not have a wife. I have bought gifts for other family members. To me the fellowship and the time spent together always has greater meaning to me. My mom is in poor health so this may be her last Christmas so I want it to be special for her.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I can swing it, and she agrees, maybe a new scanner printer. Tomorrow I have to get a new cartridge for my printer

that we're currently sharing. I'll probably go with HP, because they seem like work horses. There may be better, but

I doubt there are more reliable. I've already gotten her more interesting and fun stuff to wear and such, at the church

art festival with local crafts people, jewelry makers, and such.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'll want to do something cool like in the old days. But she has everything she wants. If she likes something she just goes and gets it, so after 30 years it's a bit hard. I was thinking of a gift certificate for P&C, but that will not go over well :rofl:
So I'll probably go with my last minute standby the last few years and get her a couple hundred dollars of spa massages. Makes her happy which is always good when the bill comes in January for all the TAD's from December. I just say "wouldn't a massage be great right now?" ;)
Craig

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
My wife has been pushing pretty hard for a dog for a while now so if I can find one she will probably either be getting a springer spaniel or Boykin spaniel. The hard part about that is finding one. If not that maybe jewelry.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Me and the Mrs. don't exchange gifts anymore. Use to but after the twins were born all the money goet towards them. However if she or I see something we really want through the year we get it and say this is my Christmas :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.