What a surprise! Great Customer Service.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I just opened a brand new tin of tobacco last week. It was a tin of Sutliff Kentucky Planter I got from the the Altadis free sample program. While smoking my first bowl of the blend, I transferred the rest to a ball jar. The last layer was stuck to the bottom, I scraped it off just to realize the bottom was badly rusted!

8227efd1.jpg

Not expecting an answer, I sent them an email asking if perhaps I get a new tin, then yesterday I got an awesome surprise:

2b9e5d96.jpg

What do you think? Kind of a nice gesture over just a free sample, they really went above and beyond!

I also noticed the bottom of the tins (left) look different from the rusted tin (right).

54074c09.jpg

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Very few things make me as happy as when a company goes above and beyond and yeah, it is WAY cooler that they did it over a free sample.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Well said kabong30! It's sad how so many companies don't pay attention to details and take for granted their customer base. It's silly look at all the positive attention you get from just serving your customers or in this case potential customer well. Seems like a smart business practice to me. :puffpipe:

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
The thing is, Altadis is the "Big Tobacco Co" of pipe tobaccos, they crank out tons of the stuff under many different brands. A consumer like me is just a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of their clientele, they didn't HAVE to go above and beyond, but they did, and that speaks volumes. They really care about each customer it seems. They have a loyal customer for life.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
That's great Madman, Hats off to Altadis. Companies like are far and few. And in my book its worth supporting them. LL bean comes to mind as another "big company" who takes care of their Customers.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I hope you wrote them a nice note. It's great to read about this type of response to customer issues. It really costs them nothing to make you happy. The fact that you shared this story has more than paid them back with your posting of a positive response. Well done all around.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
I was already an Altadis fan but your story enhances my preference for their products and company.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
Hearing that they treated a customer this way has insured that I will do buisiness with Altadis.I need to get on that free sample program I am always looking for new and different baccy.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Kool beans. I've also noticed that the bottom of my Molto Dolce had a little rust exactly the same as yours. Didn't affect the tobacco in any way.
I didn't complain about it though. Because it was free.
Glad to see they have caught their mistake and changed the bottom of their tins to a different alloy or coating.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I didn't really complain, I just mentioned the bottom was rusty, and was it still safe to smoke. I asked if maybe I could get a little sample of it again if they thought that one was unsafe. Still, those guys rock! They got a nice email back thanking them for their generosity.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That is great! I always email a company when they are doing something right. Most of the time they get customer comments it is just to complain. A few have even expressed this to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.