PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
This evening I got a PM and in it was a web address for a Buy IT Now GBD 1938 Speciale in unsmoked condition. It was the pipe I needed to match the Sablee 9438 that was offered by GBD at the same time. Now when you consider that it was Al Jones (A noted GBD aficionado) that sent the message and didn't gobble it up himself you have to say thanks so very much.

Now how's that for a great guy?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
As soon as I saw it,I thought of you! I LOVE helping folks spend money!

Only looking at the pipe more closely later we determined this beauty was also unsmoked!

I originally saw it via my phone app, which is a terrific app to separate cash from your wallet...

Mar 30, 2014
wv
That is gorgeous! I hope you didn't have to sell your boat to buy that baby. Congrats. Post some more pics when you get it home. :worship:

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
MSO, the 9438 GBD is my favorite. Not only do they have that classic Rhodesian shape I love, they also smoke just like I want a pipe to smoke. That of course is subjective but they work for me. I have a Speciale in my collection now but it's a far inferior example. This one looks to be unsmoked from the pictures (I'll confirm when it arrives) so it might just stay that way but the one I have will most defiantly make it into rotation.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Chasingembers, This variation (French) is 5 inches long. The English version is about 51/2 inches. Both are considered classic Rhodesians (round shank and fuller at the bottom of the bowl than a bulldog) Great smoking pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.