PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Hi All,
As a way to identify forum members, my wife has offered to make up some pins with "PM (for pipesmagazine!)" stitched on them that we can display. Might be a good way to break the ice so we can introduce ourselves to each other. These would just be small 1" round white pins with black PM stitching.
I can bring them with me on Friday. I should be to the hotel around 5:00.
Anyone who wants one, just indicate that you do here in this thread and that's how many I'll have her make!

that's not actually a photo of me.

You're using a picture of someone else? Weird.
Anyways, my experience with shows is that if you walk up to someone you think is on the forum and ask them, "Hey are you on the Pipesmagazine forums." Everyone says, "yes." But, then when you ask them what their name is on the forum, there always gets to be this mix up of... "Oh a forum, no I don't do forums." That happened to me over and over in New Orleans. So, finally, I just started introducing myself as Cosmic, and people were like, "Oh yeh, that dumb guy, ha ha." And, I go, "YES!!." It always makes me happy to make a connection.

Oh and youtubers, run... they will talk your head off. I think that is why they like video. It gives them an outlet for rambling and rambling on and on. It's either that, or they can't read or write. :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I like the notion of the pin. A lot!
I have also e-mailed one of the organizers, Steve O'Neill, to ask if a table could be marked for us to congregate, and some blank tags and markers for those who don't see this thread. Steve is a great guy, and be sure to check out his table. I got 14 pipes from him last year.
Edit: Ah! So, Cos, does that mean you'll be there??

May 4, 2015
Seriously, though... I'll be in the pub by 6:00PM, no later, and I'll have on a brown flat cap and a bright orange Savinelli T-Shirt.

May 4, 2015
Awesome! I'm so looking forward to it.
I'm totally short-timin' it here at work. Friday can't come soon enough.

May 4, 2015
OK - I'm just having her make 20 of them. Anyone that I meet that indicates they are a member of this forum can have one.
If I have some left over, I can mail them out to anyone else that wants one.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It's an excellent idea, and on my behalf as a forum member, please thank your wife for being willing to help us out and be involved. Sadly, I will not be attending, so I didn't respond earlier. Even the goofball "contrarian" thread got it right- more of us will be staying at home than attending. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.