PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It’s only a few months away now (November 10th & 11th).
I’m getting anxious for the show. Curious as to who all will be attending this year. If anyone has heard of carvers, blenders, B&Ms, pipe/tobacco companies that have confirmed they’ll be there please mention it here.
I’ve heard the renovations should be complete before the show this year. If anyone is interested in seeing some pictures of how it’s come along just say so; I live down the street from Palace Station and could swing in to take some pictures any time.
I hope this year they are able to provide an area for get togethers on Friday night. It’s always fun hanging out having drinks with pipe people.
Last year’s show was really good. Seemed to shrink a bit back down closer to the earlier shows as far as show goers went. It was still a great show though. This year I’m hoping that Dan Nemets will be there for Missouri Meerschaum. I’m guessing Shane will be there for SmokingPipes and Pete Prevost will probably be there’s for Briarworks. As I said before though, I haven’t really seen confirmations though.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My understanding is that the buffet restaurant next to the WCPS show room has been relocated to the new wing and a lounge has replaced it. If so, then we'll have a place to meet up. I also have been told that all of the bedrooms are now non smoking. This doesn't bother me as I never booked a smoking room.
I'm looking forward to going and plan to have a ball. The show is always fun and there are always great items for the collector. It's small, but mighty! And it's Vegas!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I will be there with a table and look forward to seeing everyone again. This will be the 10th Annual WCPS and I've only missed a couple of them. It's a favorite, for sure. More info here - http://www.westcoastpipeshow.com/show-info/

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I have a room booked and plan on attending.
I also have been told that all of the bedrooms are now non smoking.
I called the hotel when I read this because in the years past the 14th floor is ground zero for the smoke filed fun. The woman I talked to said the 14th floor renovations are almost done and it will still be smoke friendly. 8O

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
Man, wish I could go but have to be on the other side of the county for work.
Eric

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Hotel is booked. Will arrange flights soon.
It looks like Jack's has been converted to high limit slots. The new giant buffet is in the newly renovated area and from what I have seen on You Tube, looks to be very good. Oyster Bar still there. New Asian eatery, plus Italian / pizza. The Grand Cafe remains in tact. The upstairs buffet is gone, BUT I am told it will be the area we can hang out during and after the show hours.
Smoking rooms are not currently available, until after September, so I was told. After Sept there should be some smoking rooms.
I suspect the 10th show will be excellent.
See you all there.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
As it's nearer, bumping this thread.
I'm taking off work the Friday of the show (November 9th). I live literally about a 5 minute drive north of Palace Station, so if anyone is getting in Thursday or Friday and wants to meet up Friday just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.